'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

10 minutes ago, IUJoe said:
1 hour ago, rico said:

Seeing Loyer and Furst tells me that we need to recruit Fort Wayne better.

Would like to see it happen.  A lot of kids here are in love with Purdue or Michigan.

We've mostly missed on northern Indiana kids for 40 to 50 years now.  How does that happen? 

I understand one high school coach not liking IU.  I understand several high school coaches not liking one or more IU coaches.  These things ebb and flow.  But this goes back to last century.  The people who had bad relationships back in the 70's are retired or dead.

How have we mostly missed on recruits here since Richard Nixon was President?  The occasional Tracy Foster or John Flowers isn't enough, given the talent.  I truly don't understand how this could not have been improved by someone with a plan. 

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

We've missed on northern Indiana kids for 40 to 50 years now.  How does that happen? 

I understand one high school coach not liking IU.  I understand several high school coaches not liking one or more IU coaches.  These things ebb and flow.  But this goes back to last century.  The people who had bad relationships back in the 70's are retired or dead.

How have we mostly missed on recruits here since Richard Nixon was President?  Maybe before that.  I truly don't understand how this could not have been improved by someone with a plan. 

I’m not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it, or a matter of any coaches here not liking IU.  To my knowledge it’s nothing like that.  I just know that the best basketball players here for at least the past decade, while they may give IU some consideration, are more enamored with Michigan and Purdue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You’ve got that right! They talk football ALL year long!

The one thing that I have LOVED, there is a court 2 blocks from my house down there and it has someone playing on it at least 6 hours a day. Good old fashion out door pick up ball. I walk over and set as a fat old white guy, can I watch ya'll play. I love it!

• Like 1