'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Then you know they are all pretty crappy lol. Was it only the dorms at USI or did you see the on campus apartments. I know when I went only the freshman lived in the dorms but they have both. At least the on campus apartments have 4 people share two bedrooms and you have two bathrooms and then they have a decent living room and kitchen. They were building a lot of dorms when I left because the enrollment was going through the roof. We all lived in the apartments and the ball players had their own as well next to the fraternity/sorority row.

Saw apartments as well

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Saw apartments as well

USI's student housing is better than a lot that I've seen in the state of Indiana.  No, it's not wildcat lodge, but the freshmen dorms are a community setup and most of the rest is 2BR 2 bath quads that have more room than a lot of student housing I've seen.

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Harvard plays MIT today.  You can watch it at 2:00 on ESPN+.

Can you imagine what these two coaches draw on their whiteboards during timeouts?

See the source image

I believe that's an old trick inbounds play developed by Einstein when he was teaching and coaching at Princeton.  It's rumored he was a real magician with the ball.  This play was known as "the black hole backdoor"...first cousin to the famous "picket fence".

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Harvard plays MIT today.  You can watch it at 2:00 on ESPN+.

Can you imagine what these two coaches draw on their whiteboards during timeouts?

See the source image

That looks very close to my white piece of paper each week when getting ready for Fanduel on Sunday. Making sure all options are covered!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

What are the chances the Tar Heels hang an "L" on Perdoooo??

Because of this board I just found out they are playing. Wow. Purdue is really good this year and I don't have a problem with Painter....but maybe because football season still rolling or what but I didn't even know they were playing. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Purdue is really good. They are definitely in that handful of teams that have the talent, depth and experience to win it all this year. 

Not saying they will, and I certainly hope they don't, but they are in the conversation. 

A lot of it will depend on how well we play on defense and how far Ivey can take us IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

A lot of it will depend on how well we play on defense and how far Ivey can take us IMO. 

Their just so deep. Furst is legit. That kid is going to be a thorn in the Big Ten's side for years. 

I think it comes down to Ivey and guard play. But, Purdue is right there with the best teams in the country. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Because of this board I just found out they are playing. Wow. Purdue is really good this year and I don't have a problem with Painter....but maybe because football season still rolling or what but I didn't even know they were playing. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Purdue is really good. They are definitely in that handful of teams that have the talent, depth and experience to win it all this year. 

Not saying they will, and I certainly hope they don't, but they are in the conversation. 

As IU, fans, we just need to accept the reality for this year.  Purdue is talented enough to win it all.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is saying so with crimson tinted blinders on.  Now, over the course of the next 2-3 years, we need to flip the script 

• Like 3

Just now, BGleas said:

Their just so deep. Furst is legit. That kid is going to be a thorn in the Big Ten's side for years. 

I think it comes down to Ivey and guard play. But, Purdue is right there with the best teams in the country. 

Furst has probably been the biggest surprise for me this year. Didn’t realize he’d be so ready from the start. Such a huge upgrade at the 4 versus a year ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

As IU, fans, we just need to accept the reality for this year.  Purdue is talented enough to win it all.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is saying so with crimson tinted blinders on.  Now, over the course of the next 2-3 years, we need to flip the script 

It’s Purdue so we’ll probably find a way to mess it up haha. It’s what we do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Agree completely. I hate it too, because to be honest I really like watching them play, just wish they had a different name on the front of the jersey. 

I was an Archie supporter for longer than most, though was ready for him to go by the end of last season, but man he really screwed IU by missing on Furst and Kauffman. Those might be his biggest misses in terms of impact on IU in his 4 years.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Furst has probably been the biggest surprise for me this year. Didn’t realize he’d be so ready from the start. Such a huge upgrade at the 4 versus a year ago. 

Having seen Furst play against Silver Creek a couple of times in high school, I'm surprised as well.  Painter and the Purdue coaches have found a level that wasn't there in high school.