Northern Illinois Pregame Thread

IUFLA

KenPom

Strength of Schedule

Rank                             AdjEM    Adj O     Adj D     Adj T     Luck       Adj        OppO      OppD

38 Indiana B10 1-0 +16.33 106.0 67 89.7 21 72.0 124 +.000 1 -14.34 218 91.1 224 105.5 202    
Edited by ledies22

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

honestly most of the time i don't see anything on the B1G network alternate channels.  I honestly don't know why they even have them if they aren't going to use them.  The B1G network is a joke

I would actually say this is a testament to BIG football and its increased coverage on Fox.  Used to be IU football would always be on the alternate channel and now there is not need as most BIG games are picked up by the major players and the main BIG channel.  Not sure i have ever seen a basketball game on the alternate channel every but might be wrong.

To me, it looks like NIU is woefully undermanned inside. Trayce and Race should both have good games. If we guard the perimeter well (they shot 52% from 3 VS Washington) we should be OK. 

We got the first game jitters out of the way, now let's get a 40% from 3 shooting night (Rob, Parker, Miller, Tamar) and some good dribble drive stuff going (X, Rob, Tamar). 

We've seen Coach Woody isn't afraid to get in some grills... Hopefully that leads to improvement for this game... 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

To me, it looks like NIU is woefully undermanned inside. Trayce and Race should both have good games. If we guard the perimeter well (they shot 52% from 3 VS Washington) we should be OK. 

We got the first game jitters out of the way, now let's get a 40% from 3 shooting night (Rob, Parker, Miller, Tamar) and some good dribble drive stuff going (X, Rob, Tamar). 

We've seen Coach Woody isn't afraid to get in some grills... Hopefully that leads to improvement for this game... 

Have to play defense like we did for the first 22 minutes of the EMU game. Washington plays zone just like Syracuse and probably left the NIU players open.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The BTN and their monthly subscription fees would disagree....

But yeah, I hate when they do this junk.  It is to drive IU fans to sign up for one game, hopefully forget to cancel, and then the BIG makes a few bucks off everyone who does.

I signed up. What's $10 bucks... a Big Mac combo at McDonalds??

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I signed up. What's $10 bucks... a Big Mac combo at McDonalds??

It is the principle of it all for me.  I am not dropping $10 for one game, with student announcers, and just poorer production value across the board against a MAC team.  They do this every year as a money grab.  One game.  Early in the year.  It's only $10 but the BTN gets money from me through my cable provider, year round, for a few hours of worthwhile content on Saturdays in the fall and a couple hours here and there in the winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It is the principle of it all for me.  I am not dropping $10 for one game, with student announcers, and just poorer production value across the board against a MAC team.  They do this every year as a money grab.  One game.  Early in the year.  It's only $10 but the BTN gets money from me through my cable provider, year round, for a few hours of worthwhile content on Saturdays in the fall and a couple hours here and there in the winter.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think our game depends on X and Rob. Is it me or did it look like X forced a lot and looked kinda sloppy at times where Rob looked like a completely different more aggressive player than last year. If that continues Rob has to get more PT

I thought Rob started off better but pretty much ended up being the same rob down the stretch.  Stagnated offense when he was in.  Too much dribbling and then fell in love with the 3 and missed alot

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:30 AM, IUFLA said:

When: Friday, November 12th 7 PM EST

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: Big 10 Network+ (Streaming App)

Northern Illinois is coming off an upset of the Pac 12 Washington Huskies in Seattle 71-64

Last year in a COVID shortened season, they were 3-16 (2-12, 6th in MAC West)

New coach in Rashon Burno (first head coaching gig)

They bring back 64.6% of minutes played and 61.2% of scoring return from 2020-21 roster

image.png.21cd4a13b94292f7066a7438f54f0d0a.png

Trendon Hankerson can shoot it. He had 28 points on 9-15 (6-11 from 3) versus Washington...Averaged 14 ppg last year

They do have some size and went 11 deep in the Washington game

Couldn't find highlights of their game versus the Huskies...But here's the box score

image.png.be074c8ce21269b3a2cc79914fec3854.png

Nice preview.  HTD would be proud.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

We won't have Fisch forever. I enjoy every minute I can, grew up listening to him on the radio. Good to see he was able to be there when RMK returned and coach Woody. 

Love Fisch.  Semi-related...my good buddy's little brother back in HS used to do some awesome play-by-play impersonations and Fisch was one of his best.  Served him well too apparently because now his unofficial title is "The Voice of the Colts".  I guess he is the one being impersonated now....

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

We won't have Fisch forever. I enjoy every minute I can, grew up listening to him on the radio. Good to see he was able to be there when RMK returned and coach Woody. 

He was one of the dominant voices of my childhood, no joke. Grew up listening to him with my grandparents and then continued to listen as I got older.

• Like 2