NIU @ IU Game Thread

Reacher

3 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Funny hearing him say how sick and tired he was of watching the dribble hand off the last 4 years.

Fisch responded with “can’t argue with that”

He did the radio pre-game too-- and I thought he sounded like a grumpy old codger.  He's gotten warmed up and is really entertaining.  At least for those of us that were there to see Deadeye Ted light it up.

Edited by Lizard

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Interesting to hear Fish also talk about how TJD is playing harder these first two games than he has the previous two years. 

That also caught my attention. I am not able to watch the game. But sounds like Trace is showing effort that matches his talent.

That's scary for our opponents if he plays like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I think so. Even in the Bahamas, it was noticeable that he was much more active.

We have a CEO now. Someone that knows what gets kids and their families to the league. Past to present....but some stuff never changes. Kids want to know what do  I need to do to get there. We have a presence on the sideline again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Could have blown open a 27 point game?   Hahaha

I know what you meant. But....

Probably didn't word that great. Can't remember if it was Fisch or Kitchel but one of them mentioned how the fans were ready to explode a couple times but we missed a few really good looks from 3. 

1 minute ago, KDB said:

I know we don’t see what goes on in practice, but I really wonder why Leal doesn’t get some minutes but Galloway does.

I thought he did some good things when he played last year, and he can shoot it.

I feel the same. I was there Tue and Leal was out shooting 3’s 10 minutes after the game and must have gone 27 for 30. Maybe he’s just really struggling defensively but I hope he (and Lander) can get some run in this 2nd half. 

• Like 1