NIU @ IU Postgame Thread

Reacher

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Good win.  Everyone got playing time.  Without seeing the game, I have to say that I'm disappointed that Kopp and Stewart struggled with their shot.  This was a game where I expected them to shoot with confidence, especially when we got a big lead.  

Have a 5 star kid in Lander sitting the bench and gets garbage time....

• Like 1

most complete game I have watched in quite some time. Regardless of the opponent (who had won last week and shot good %s, for what its worth), there wasnt really any aspect of the game IU completely folded over. More than that, plenty of improvement in the areas that caused such a headache in last games second half. Hoosiers could be back on track.

And just to repeat once again, I hope the cameraman of that game failed out of media school.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I like beating teams we should beat by 25 by 40. Long preseason. I'll take 48% from FG and 77 FG% all night long. Always good to see more minutes from guys on the bench. 

Side note....I feel like it's developing online with Lander. Is he or why isn't he getting minutes? Other guys just might be better. Long year and looking forward to see what we do vs a St. John's team that loves to push the pace.

• Like 1

Things i was happy to see, extended the lead in the second half, free throw shooting and at times decent three point shooting. Also some of the best defense the Hoosiers have played in awhile. Need to cut down on the turnovers though.

Was happy to see Lander and Leal get into the game and look pretty good. Would like to see Kopp and Stewart start hitting their shots, which i think they will. 

Also Trayce is starting off the season on another level then what he has been. 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Have a 5 star kid in Lander sitting the bench and gets garbage time....

All the respect in the world....but feel like people online keep bringing this up because of course we can't enjoy a good win.

First...who said he's a 5 star?Second...he's a freshman. Same as Tamar Bates. Minutes earned. 

Lander definitely brought a burst, I wonder if we might see more of him moving forward.

Good overall performance, we are going to need to get Kopp and Stewart going from three for floor spacing reasons, but we can get away with it against NIU.

Obviously, St. John's is going to be a good test. That very well could be a tournament team come March.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, IUKane21 said:

Someone correct me as I’m sure it’ll come anyways, but I see a young Calbert in Lander, maybe with a quicker first step. 

Get him off the ball with space, in position to pull or drive. Dude could be deadly. He’s not a point. He’s a scorer. Put him in position to do so. 

He's also not 6'7"...and a few thousand points away from being compared to one...oh, nevermind.  You're excited by what you saw and that's fine to have a positive optimistic opinion.  😊  I hope Lander does great this season.

• Like 1

LOVED having Fisch calling the game while I was watching it. But the drunk uncle running the video camera needs to be relieved of his duties. 

That beatdown felt a lot like the early season beatdowns of long ago. 100% worth the $10 to watch. As much as I loved watching the starters romp, I think I enjoyed watching the bench the most at the end. 

• Like 1

Relegated to listening to Don & Ted and experiencing the "theater of the mind".  Sounded like about as close to a complete game as we've had in some time.

Perhaps it's stuck with my repressed memories of the CAM tenure, but when is the last time we beat a D1 team by 30+ points?  Seems we had margins of victory (when we had them) that were barely comfortable.