NIU @ IU Postgame Thread

Reacher

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just got done watching it.  Really nothing to complain about.  For those that questions Galloway playing the minutes he does.  I think we can eliminate it being just an Archie thing.  It looks like Woodson likes him on the floor as well.  Both coaching staffs have seen something in his game that they like and feel helps the team.   

I doubt he will ever be a stat sheet stuffer but i think he is the kind of player that coaches love because they will do whatever they can to help win.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just got done watching it.  Really nothing to complain about.  For those that questions Galloway playing the minutes he does.  I think we can eliminate it being just an Archie thing.  It looks like Woodson likes him on the floor as well.  Both coaching staffs have seen something in his game that they like and feel helps the team.   

I agree in that Woody and Archie, two coaches that we assume are very different leaders, have seen Galloway, Leal and KL play and both coaching staffs have come to the exact same conclusion as to whom should get more minutes.

Not saying it can’t or won’t change but at this point, for whatever reason, some have earned more minutes than others. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I agree in that Woody and Archie, two coaches that we assume are very different leaders, have seen Galloway, Leal and KL play and both coaching staffs have come to the exact same conclusion as to whom should get more minutes.

Not saying it can’t or won’t change but at this point, for whatever reason, some have earned more minutes than others. 

Leal couldn't guard a dead man. Thats why he isnt playing more.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

They don't like Galloway because he can't shoot.  But he's got a very high motor and seems to be active in every play.  He's becoming one of my favorite players.  

Agree. I don't understand the negative comments Galloway gets. Would I love a 40% 3pt shooter in that role, sure we all would im sure. 

But I really like what Galloway brings, and if he can even work to make his shooting just respectable, then I think he's going to be a really key player the next 2.5+ years. 

I love his motor, his effort/energy, and I love that Woody has him in a point forward role. I think there is a lot IU can leverage with Galloway's ability to handle and push the ball in transition. 

Galloway pushes the tempo and gets guys like XJ and Phinisee off the ball for some time where they can score and not always have to distribute. He also puts a lot of pressure on the defense. 

I've said this before, but of Galloway could ever get his shooting right, I see a version of Ty Jerome from UVA. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I don't understand the negative comments Galloway gets. Would I love a 40% 3pt shooter in that role, sure we all would im sure. 

But I really like what Galloway brings, and if he can even work to make his shooting just respectable, then I think he's going to be a really key player the next 2.5+ years. 

I love his motor, his effort/energy, and I love that Woody has him in a point forward role. I think there is a lot IU can leverage with Galloway's ability to handle and push the ball in transition. 

Galloway pushes the tempo and gets guys like XJ and Phinisee off the ball for some time where they can score and not always have to distribute. He also puts a lot of pressure on the defense. 

I've said this before, but of Galloway could ever get his shooting right, I see a version of Ty Jerome from UVA. 

I agree with all of that...I do wish he'd take care of the ball a little better...

I thought it was kinda funny against NIU when Fish said he was a good ball handler just as Trey was dribbling into double team trouble and almost lost the ball...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I agree with all of that...I do wish he'd take care of the ball a little better...

I thought it was kinda funny against NIU when Fish said he was a good ball handler just as Trey was dribbling into double team trouble and almost lost the ball...

Agree, as well. He also had a turnover on a break in the first game that would have been a great play, but he just missed the pass. 

I think his point forward abilities are a good asset right now, but could be a really great asset once the game slows down a little more for him. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, Indykev said:

Here's the game if anyone wants to watch. I hope the kid on the camera understands why he was given an F.

I've watched game on TV.  But I grew up listening to Fisch on the radio. And as long as he's calling games I tune in the radio and put TV on mute. Or mostly just listen to the radio 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3