Tracking IU Transfers

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

Armaan Franklin:

21 points 3 assists 2 TO 7/12 FG 5/8 3PT

Al Durham: (from last night)

12 points 3 assists 1 TO 5/13 FG 2/9 3PT

Both could be contributing this year but neither wanted to. Coach wanted to build a program. One AD was finishing his career and wanted to continue forward. The other was not ready to complete for a spot in this program and wanted out. Some are entitled more than others. We have seen that many times before. I personally think he would have started for this group but he didn’t want to compete which makes me glad he made his decision. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Both could be contributing this year but neither wanted to. Coach wanted to build a program. One AD was finishing his career and wanted to continue forward. The other was not ready to complete for a spot in this program and wanted out. Some are entitled more than others. We have seen that many times before. I personally think he would have started for this group but he didn’t want to compete which makes me glad he made his decision. 

I agree. For some reason I hold more hostility towards Armaan. Durham served his time with a subpar program. I wish him well. Armaan, I hope Virginia misses the NCAA tournament as long as he is there. But it’s hard to not think of the what if’s with Armaans performance tonight. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I agree. For some reason I hold more hostility towards Armaan. Durham served his time with a subpar program. I wish him well. Armaan, I hope Virginia misses the NCAA tournament as long as he is there. But it’s hard to not think of the what if’s with Armaans performance tonight. 

Oh no….I hope Virginia makes the tournament….and is eliminated by IU in consecutive years. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I do think part of it was the system. He felt the same system CAM ran TB runs at VA.  

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I hope Lander gets enough minutes this year to keep him happy. It’s two games in and his mom is already mad on Twitter about how many minutes he gets. He seems like a great kid and could eventually be good for our program.

Woody ain't going to put up with mom venting on twitter.  He's a point guard.  He can't play any other position.  He's certainly not going to play ahead of X and Rob brings so much more defensively.  I don't see it happening barring an injury to one of those two guys.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Woody ain't going to put up with mom venting on twitter.  He's a point guard.  He can't play any other position.  He's certainly not going to play ahead of X and Rob brings so much more defensively.  I don't see it happening barring an injury to one of those two guys.  

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kristian hitting the transfer portal. Can't keep a 5 star kid on the bench....

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

1000% agree. When I saw that I was like seriously? Woody plays who earns it period. He doesn’t play politics 

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I hope Lander gets enough minutes this year to keep him happy. It’s two games in and his mom is already mad on Twitter about how many minutes he gets. He seems like a great kid and could eventually be good for our program.

I get what you are saying but we have 13 guys and should Woody give KL more playing time so he doesn’t get pissed? I vote no.  

If KL earns 10/20/30 minutes a game I say congratulations but, if not, he should not be taking minutes from other guys just because he was highly rated and is possibly not happy. He (and everyone) should  have to earn their minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why does anyone care about kids who bailed on our program? 

I mean, I don’t want anything bad to happen to them… but I also don’t care, or from a previous conversation, I could care less, how they do.

All day, every day for the guys who want to don the candy stripes. These other guys.. meh.

Then move along and don’t come to the thread. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why does anyone care about kids who bailed on our program? 

I mean, I don’t want anything bad to happen to them… but I also don’t care, or from a previous conversation, I could care less, how they do.

All day, every day for the guys who want to don the candy stripes. These other guys.. meh.

The thread title makes it quite clear what the topic is so if you don't care it isn't difficult to not look. No one is forcing you to view the thread. It's okay to not care but it's also okay to want to keep track of former players.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Why are people not allowed to post their thoughts one way or another?

I think this thread can handle thoughts from both sides

I agree with you in theory, which is why my post above detailed why I feel the way I do.

But, in this case, I can also see the argument being made that the thread title is such that arguing whether we should root for the players or not was not the intent.

• 'Tracking IU Transfers' means the OP already wants to know how those guys are doing and thought the thread would be a good idea to consolidate information.  It is not meant to be a debate on the issue.
  • A thread title 'Do you root for, or follow, players that transfer from IU' would be the intent for the types of positions/opinions that pushed the thread into the direction it went.  But, this thread doesn't have that title.

So, that said, the OP wasn't intending to debate the issue of rooting for these players.  the intent of the thread was to simply follow how they were doing.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I get what you are saying but we have 13 guys and should Woody give KL more playing time so he doesn’t get pissed? I vote no.  

If KL earns 10/20/30 minutes a game I say congratulations but, if not, he should not be taking minutes from other guys just because he was highly rated and is possibly not happy. He (and everyone) should  have to earn their minutes.

I completely agree and what I meant was I hope he earns those minutes. He should never ever ever get to play to keep his mom happy period and Woody won’t play with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I agree with you in theory, which is why my post above detailed why I feel the way I do.

But, in this case, I can also see the argument being made that the thread title is such that arguing whether we should root for the players or not was not the intent.

• 'Tracking IU Transfers' means the OP already wants to know how those guys are doing and thought the thread would be a good idea to consolidate information.  It is not meant to be a debate on the issue.
  • A thread title 'Do you root for, or follow, players that transfer from IU' would be the intent for the types of positions/opinions that pushed the thread into the direction it went.  But, this thread doesn't have that title.

So, that said, the OP wasn't intending to debate the issue of rooting for these players.  the intent of the thread was to simply follow how they were doing.

Since it was my post that seemed to spark this kerfuffle, I feel I need to respond to this.

Nowhere in my first post did I say anything about rooting for anyone. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:30 AM, 5fouls said:

I, first and foremost, will always root for IU.  But, it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing.  Al Durham gave 4 years to our program and never did anything to embarrass or disgrace the candy stripes.  He stayed committed to the program even though the coach that recruited him (Crean) was fired.   In essence, he gave just as much of himself to IU as Steve Alford, Calbert Cheaney, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson, and Yogi Ferrell.  He gave more years to it than Isiah Thomas, Jared Jeffries, Eric Gordon. Victor Oladipo, or Cody Zeller.  Damn right I'm going to still root for Al and be interested in how he does.  I hope he gets to experience the NCAA tournament.  Covid robbed him of the only chance he had for that at IU.  

Franklin, Hunter, and Brunk, I'm less concerned about.  But, if someone else feels about them the way I feel about Al, there's nothing wrong with that.  Maybe they followed those kids in high school.  Maybe they are younger and had classes with them at IU.  The only NBA player I follow at all is Romeo, and it's not because he went to IU.  It's because he grew up locally to me and I followed his high school career. 

Being an IU fan does not mean you can't root for someone that plays for another team. 

Very well said. Nothing but good thoughts and well wishes for AL. 

• Like 1