Tracking IU Transfers

On 11/13/2021 at 10:00 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kristian hitting the transfer portal. Can't keep a 5 star kid on the bench....

Can't play him either....no offense to Kristian but the closest thing to 5* about him at IU is the 5 national championship stars that is across his butt.....that sits on the pine....because he doesn't understand the value of effort and defense. When he figures that out...and hopefully he does soon....he can be a great asset to the program.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Can't play him either....no offense to Kristian but the closest thing to 5* about him at IU is the 5 national championship stars that is across his butt.....that sits on the pine....because he doesn't understand the value of effort and defense. When he figures that out...and hopefully he does soon....he can be a great asset to the program.

Personally, I think he's a lot closer than you think.  I think he looks a lot closer this season than he did last season.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Personally, I think he's a lot closer than you think.  I think he looks a lot closer this season than he did last season.

Haven't watched the videos of the game, does hit shot form look better than last year? He actually hit multiple shots from the field in a single game which is an improvement in results, at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Haven't watched the videos of the game, does his shot form look better than last year? He actually hit multiple shots from the field in a single game which is an improvement in results, at least.

I think he's got some reps and along with that, some confidence.  I watched the YouTube bootleg of the Northern Illinois game last night and his form looked OK to me.  Not perfect, maybe, but I didn't see any significant hitches or flaws.

Watched Providence beat Wisconsin. Al's game hasn't changed a bit. Late in the clock hero attempts. Not great dribbling. Under five minutes hero threes - made one missed two including an airball. Empty trip to the free throw line. Fell down while called for travel. Never could understand why he spent so much time falling down at IU. They got W though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Watched Providence beat Wisconsin. Al's game hasn't changed a bit. Late in the clock hero attempts. Not great dribbling. Under five minutes hero threes - made one missed two including an airball. Empty trip to the free throw line. Fell down while called for travel. Never could understand why he spent so much time falling down at IU. They got W though.

If there is a word I can use to describe Al it is "consistent."  I wasn't his biggest fan here in his time with us.  But 1,000 points does show his merit, although I maintain he was the worst 4 year starter for us I ever witnessed.  That being said I still applaud him for his time and wish him to have a very successful season.

• Like 3

I generally never cheer for anyone who leaves IU. So much has changed though with hiring and firing coaches, kids coming in under one coach, staying for another,etc...

With that said I genuinely want Al Durham to do great this year. He's a great kid and I think Providence is a perfect fit for him to just play hoops and not be in the fish bowl of IU. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I really hope so! I mean his speed and his court vision is breath taking....I HAATTEEE  how slow Rob plays with the ball in his hands...but he is usually careful and as always a lock down defender. I just wish Lander could be an adequate defender because his upside is so much higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like Virginia is down quite a bit this year.

Sounds like that probably played into his decision to get playing time and go there as a nice stop gap until their higher recruits come in.

45 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Houston was impressive last night. They really crashed the boards. Sampson has a really nice team

...again. Just finds himself basketball players....dawgs...unconcerned about rankings and some brush ups...guys that are tough and play hard. Reminds me of those Cincy teams Huggy Bear had at Cincy.

14 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Franklin with 7 points on 3-9 shooting in VAs win over Coppin St. His second straight game 0-4 from three. Other than his 5-8 game against Radford, in their other three games, he’s 1-15 from three

Franklin, Durham and Hunter are all shooting bad from 3s. Jerome is 2-11 from 3 point land and whats worse is 4-22 overall shooting. Durham is averaging 15.5 points at 45.2% fg and 30.0% on 3s.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Franklin, Durham and Hunter are all shooting bad from 3s. Jerome is 2-11 from 3 point land and whats worse is 4-22 overall shooting. Durham is averaging 15.5 points at 45.2% fg and 30.0% on 3s.

So, you're saying we were able to keep all our good 3 point shooters.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Franklin with 7 points on 3-9 shooting in VAs win over Coppin St. His second straight game 0-4 from three. Other than his 5-8 game against Radford, in their other three games, he’s 1-15 from three

I feel slightly bad about it, but I smile each time Franklin has a bad game. I'm rooting for Al and Hunter, don't care one way or the other about Brunk.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I feel slightly bad about it, but I smile each time Franklin has a bad game. I'm rooting for Al and Hunter, don't care one way or the other about Brunk.

I slightly root for Al and Brunk bc they wanted to be Hoosiers. AF obviously didn’t, and Hunter wasted his opportunity so I couldn’t care less about those two. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

Jerome Hunter
GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
4 24.8 17.2 14.3 87.5 7.0 2.3 0.5 1.0 2.3 1.5 4.8

Armaan Franklin 

4 28.0 38.5 26.1 83.3 2.0 1.0 0.5 1.5 2.0 1.5 11.5

Al Durham

4 33.3 45.2 30.0 72.0 2.3 3.3 0.0 0.3 1.8 1.8 15.5

Clifton Moore