Tracking IU Transfers

On 1/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, Hippopotamo said:

I root for Al to do well because he played 4 years and gave everything he had to IU. I respect him a ton and wish him the best. The others, while I have no ill will towards them I do not root for any of them. 

As much as I like Al, I don’t miss him at all. 

I loved Al's heart....but my god that kid would end up on the floor more then men's trousers in an asian massage parlor. For all of Cliff's work in strength I think Al must have snuck out to play Call of Duty in the equipment room or something.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 5

On 12/8/2021 at 8:08 AM, ledies22 said:

Armaan Franklin

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
10 29.0 39.3 20.4 81.8 2.2 1.5 0.3 1.3 2.0 1.1 11.3

Al Durham

10 36.2 36.8 25.0 82.2 2.3 3.8 0.5 0.4 1.8 3.0 14.0

Jerome Hunter

7 23.6 24.0 16.0 83.3 6.1 1.4 0.3 1.1 2.7 1.9 5.4

Jake Forrester

9 17.0 57.1 0.0 60.0 4.2 0.2 0.7 0.4 1.9 0.8 6.7

Clifton Moore

8 24.9 38.9 10.0 73.3 5.1 1.1 2.5 0.5 2.8 1.8 8.1

Turns out these guys just can't shoot, no matter who their coach is. Which I think we all knew. You can get better at shooting no doubt, but shooters are not created over night. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

And we still lack enough good, consistent shooters, imho.  

Outside of having a big that can knockdown open perimeter shots, I actually think IU has enough shooting right now. Could we have more? Absolutely. It's not a major strength, but we have enough. 

The issue now is shotmakers. We still don't have that wing or guard that can create/make tough shots off the bounce. Shots like the PSU guards hit against us, shots like Aaron Henry hit against us last year, shots like the Johnny Davis kid from Wisconsin hit. 

A player or two like that, along with our inside game would get Stewart, Kopp, etc., so many more open 3 looks. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Outside of having a big that can knockdown open perimeter shots, I actually think IU has enough shooting right now. Could we have more? Absolutely. It's not a major strength, but we have enough. 

The issue now is shotmakers. We still don't have that wing or guard that can create/make tough shots off the bounce. Shots like the PSU guards hit against us, shots like Aaron Henry hit against us last year, shots like the Johnny Davis kid from Wisconsin hit. 

A player or two like that, along with our inside game would get Stewart, Kopp, etc., so many more open 3 looks. 

That’s where I think we were all hoping Bates would help. I still think that kid has more upside than anyone else on the team. If he could break out, look out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I loved Al's heart....but my god that kid would end up on the floor more then men's trousers in an asian massage parlor. For all of Cliff's work in strength I think Al must have snuck out to play Call of Duty in the equipment room or something.

Somewhere CC is smiling.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

You want guys shooting 90% from 3. Not happening.

I want better shooting...period.  It can be in the lane, along the baseline, driving to the basket, free throws...and yes, from the three point line.  I just don't believe this group is terribly talented when it comes to scoring.  

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

We've said it a bunch of times....we don't have a Romeo Langford on the roster. Someone that can create his own shot. As fine a freshman as Bates is he still doesn't really create his own offense. We just lack that elite shotmaker as you say. We had that then I'd say we would be competing for a B1G championship...because like you said we have enough of everything else. If the staff keeps at it though...I won't be shocked we land such a kid....and if we do...I think we will have enough around them (unlike when we landed Romeo) to make some really big noise!

17 hours ago, Indykev said:

You want guys shooting 90% from 3. Not happening.

I think we need more volume from the guys who shoot 35%.  Look at the volume for Murry and Bohannan from iowa compared to our top 3 point shooters.  Stewart and Kopp need to get open and shoot the ball more from 3.  Shoot 35% but shoot more than 1 or 2 a game.  PS needs to be shooting around 6-8 a game in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think we need more volume from the guys who shoot 35%.  Look at the volume for Murry and Bohannan from iowa compared to our top 3 point shooters.  Stewart and Kopp need to get open and shoot the ball more from 3.  Shoot 35% but shoot more than 1 or 2 a game.  PS needs to be shooting around 6-8 a game in my opinion.

We play inside out I dont see volume shooting from deep. TJD needs his touches and I call Race the blackhole, once it goes to him the ball isnt coming out.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

We play inside out I dont see volume shooting from deep. TJD needs his touches and I call Race the blackhole, once it goes to him the ball isnt coming out.

Race shooting 68.1% from 2.  I'm OK with him shooting there.  Now from distance is an entirely different matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...