Rutgers game thread

Bad Brad

12 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Indiana football bein', well... Indiana football  😪

Sheridan has got to go, and I don’t call for guy’s heads much. This season has been a disaster. I know we’ve had a lot of injuries, but getting blown out at home by Rutgers and not scoring a TD? Like WTF. I think Allen is a good leader, but he needs to surround himself with good x’s and o’s guys and it doesn’t seem that Sheridan is that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What ranked teams?  Who finished in the top 25 that we beat?

They were ranked when we beat them.  Which IUFB had not done since the Stone Age. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It is when you play the teams when they are ranked. By the end of the year PSU was a really good team.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lmao.  I guess Rutgers should be thrilled about thumping IU who was top 15 in September. 

Keep moving. Those goalpost my Man. 

prior to this season CTA led the Hoosiers to two seasons with a above 500 record. 

the last time IUFB had a record above 500? 

but sure. He stinks and we should fire him. 

Edited by IU247

1 minute ago, IU247 said:

Keep moving. Those goalpost my Man. 

prior to this season CTA led the Hoosiers to two seasons with a above 500 record. 

the last time IUFB had a record above 500? 

but sure. He stinks and we should fire him. 

He has a problem with AD's because he was always on Glass as well.  Dolson had done a very good do far

20 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Sheridan has got to go, and I don’t call for guy’s heads much. This season has been a disaster. I know we’ve had a lot of injuries, but getting blown out at home by Rutgers and not scoring a TD? Like WTF. I think Allen is a good leader, but he needs to surround himself with good x’s and o’s guys and it doesn’t seem that Sheridan is that. 

… it's one thing getting blown out by good teams, getting an ass whipping like this from Rutgers? From highest of highs to lowest of lows in such short time shows some sort of disfunction. It's actually pretty unbelievable. In college you should be able to scheme a few scores a game, and they can't even do that. 

Our schedule was/is brutal, and there are injuries, etc.  I fear that a program like ours needs to have major momentum to build long term competitiveness. We had it coming into the year...a string of successful years(relatively speaking) and being ranked last year and at the start of this year. It will take all Coach Allen has to rebuild that momentum, but I fear this year takes the luster off the program and returns us back to the bottom again. Losing the bowl games really stings extra now.

Also my feeling is that if Allen doesn't get this turn back around then I don't think it will ever get turned around.  I just can't see IU being able to bring in proven HC to IU.

I have always wondered if a guy like Urban Myer came to IU. Could he have the same success that he has had at his other stops.  Could he bring in the same level recruits to IU that he did at Florida or OSU.  I think coaches like Myer or Saban are great coaches but they have been in great situations ad well.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Also my feeling is that if Allen doesn't get this turn back around then I don't think it will ever get turned around.  I just can't see IU being able to bring in proven HC to IU.

I have always wondered if a guy like Urban Myer came to IU. Could he have the same success that he has had at his other stops.  Could he bring in the same level recruits to IU that he did at Florida or OSU.  I think coaches like Myer or Saban are great coaches but they have been in great situations ad well.

Eh.  Urban is also a terrible person and most likely won’t last past this year in the NFL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He could. Would they win National Championships? No, but we’d win 8+ games consistently. But he seems like a creep. Allen’s getting paid good dough, so let’s see what he can do when the going gets really tough. 

Edited by OGIUAndy