Will Tom Allen be back if we lose out?

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m legit confused re the o-line for you guys. I know you lost Criser but wasn’t it a pretty similar unit from a year ago? Can’t understand what happened. 

They weren't great last year...but guys have regressed it seems. Penix got hurt last year too....the difference a lot this year is that he had ZERO dual threat ability this year before going down and last year....well the Penn St game alone shows what he was capable of when scrambling. QB/OL play just really regressed....and well WR....cross the board outside of TE/RB we just haven't improved. I think the loss of Whop also hurt us. It forced sooo much attention on the defense that it allowed for a lot of one on one's last year on the outside for Fryfogle etc....and he won a lot of those. Now we have no one winning across the middle and Fogle hasn't won his 1-1 battles....and actually has a lot of drops this year....sadly enough. Just not enough attention to details on that side of the ball. On defense...well for the most part they have worn down and in some cases given up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They weren't great last year...but guys have regressed it seems. Penix got hurt last year too....the difference a lot this year is that he had ZERO dual threat ability this year before going down and last year....well the Penn St game alone shows what he was capable of when scrambling. QB/OL play just really regressed....and well WR....cross the board outside of TE/RB we just haven't improved. I think the loss of Whop also hurt us. It forced sooo much attention on the defense that it allowed for a lot of one on one's last year on the outside for Fryfogle etc....and he won a lot of those. Now we have no one winning across the middle and Fogle hasn't won his 1-1 battles....and actually has a lot of drops this year....sadly enough. Just not enough attention to details on that side of the ball. On defense...well for the most part they have worn down and in some cases given up.

That defense last year won us several games.   It for sure masked our weaknesses on offense to the casual observers.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Indy1987 said:

That defense last year won us several games.   It for sure masked our weaknesses on offense to the casual observers.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

IU feasted on turnovers.....basically we were Iowa the first half of the season....and we have seen what happened to Iowa once the turnover spigot turned off. It's hard to go 10 plays and 80 yards etc....short fields and momentum changers can have a huge effect on covering up offensive inefficiencies. 

• Like 3

he may not be? Rumor is he has been contacted by a certain team from the south weeks ago. After hearing this. I then seen an article published that had curtain High profile coaches and what there buy out would be. Allen was one of those coaches. Truth to it? timing was spot on and could explain attitude if leaked?