Dolson

OLDIUFAN

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I saw somewhere that IU was  'a program on the upswing'.  :coffee:

The optimist in me hopes with a change in offense we could have  Deboer level improvement.   The pragmatist in me needs to see the necessary changes take place for that to happen.  With the transfer portal, you can completely change your identity in one off-season. Hope Dolson and CTA are willing to make those changes.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, Sea Turtle said:

Dan Mullen will be available. 

Even if we hadn't paid Tom Allen all that money...Dan freakin Mullen is not coming to IU. Some people need to get their head out of the clouds. IU is not going to be a powerhouse football program. You bring in a top flight coach that gets us to competing for a B1G championship and they will be on the next flight to LSU/USC/TEXAS etc. We just need innovative coaching and guys to steady the ship. Minnesota had a down year last year but they've steadied the ship and look like they might bounce back ok (minus some injuries could have competed in the West this year). Really important to get the OC hire right, and to get the right qb going forward. Nail that and I think Allen will put together competent defense around this team and we can make bowl games and battle for top 25 every year.

• Like 3

Its one miserable offensive season. That obviously needs to be dealt with.  The defensive side of the ball is in good hands. Allen seems like the kind of guy that knows his deficiencies and will find someone to delegate those duties to.  Dolson needs to get the checkbook ready. 

If it happens again next year then I'll be concerned but I doubt it will be this bad. Rebound and make a bowl game is all I ask. Well and win the bowl game if we get there. 

• Like 2

I have never are at least don’t remember a team that has absolutely imploded like this one has! Something is going on behind closed doors that tells me we are cleaning  house! Are good players are saying this isn’t going to get better! 
I don’t blame Dolson, I think his done his job or at least all he can do. I think Coach Allen miss judged his OC , Nick S totally drop the ball. Him and Hiller shouldn’t be here after next week!

Edited by OLDIUFAN

17 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Wow, the mood here turned quickly.  Some folks are mighty reactionary.  Tom Allen has built up a LOOOOOOT of goodwill with this particular fan, and I imagine with the IU powers that be as well.

Yeah. He still has goodwill with me but man let's not go through this again next season or that well will run dry real quick.

On 11/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

Wow, the mood here turned quickly.  Some folks are mighty reactionary.  Tom Allen has built up a LOOOOOOT of goodwill with this particular fan, and I imagine with the IU powers that be as well.

Agree, and I hope he doesn't have to start burning that goodwill off. 

I am not buying the Tom Allen hate.  He knows what it takes and he knows football. 

We had a terrible year.  But the last time he was frustrated with the offense, he went out and got Kalen DeBoer.  It was as much about style of offense as it was about the man himself.  Allen knows what he wants to see on both sides of the ball and hopefully we make a bunch of corrections and bring in a bunch of new players.  One way or another, Allen knows what it will take.

In the end, this is IU football.  Nick Saban is never walking through that door.  If your expectation is winning the B1G East every year, it is not in the cards, not in any of our lifetimes.

We do have a guy with a good football mind.  There is way too much evidence supporting that.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4