Dolson

OLDIUFAN

On 11/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

Wow, the mood here turned quickly.  Some folks are mighty reactionary.  Tom Allen has built up a LOOOOOOT of goodwill with this particular fan, and I imagine with the IU powers that be as well.

We live in a world where every time there’s a little bump in the road, folks are looking for someone to blame and someone to fire.

• Like 3

When Wilson was let go, and when Glass still ran the show, I mailed assistant Dolson suggesting they go after Fickel. Oh well. Too late.  I'm afraid the Crean/Allen comparisons might be more accurate than we would like.

Those criticizing Dolson apparently have forgotten he pulled the plug on Miller,..got Woodson and even managed to get the General back inside Assembly Hall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bad Brad said:

When Wilson was let go, and when Glass still ran the show, I mailed assistant Dolson suggesting they go after Fickel. Oh well. Too late.  I'm afraid the Crean/Allen comparisons might be more accurate than we would like.

Those criticizing Dolson apparently have forgotten he pulled the plug on Miller,..got Woodson and even managed to get the General back inside Assembly Hall.

Wait lol.. 

If Allen wins two conference championships in 4 years... you won't be happy with that? 

What honestly is that comment? Crean/Allen comparisons... who has EVER compared those two? 

If your answer is Peegs or some ridiculous forum like that just save it. Tom Crean is a darn good basketball coach btw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Wait lol.. 

If Allen wins two conference championships in 4 years... you won't be happy with that? 

What honestly is that comment? Crean/Allen comparisons... who has EVER compared those two? 

If your answer is Peegs or some ridiculous forum like that just save it. Tom Crean is a darn good basketball coach btw. 

'Hoosier Exotics'.  As for Crean, he's 43 and 52 at Georgia.

Crean is about to get fired from a SEC football school... 

Allen is lucky to be at IU. If he were at even a mediocre football school, he would be out.

Both are good talkers who rely on gimmicks, and love to clap like seals at a show.

There are very few elite level football coaches. There are some good to very good coaches... Allen is about a light year away from good. He will need to make the perfect hires this off-season or he will be out by the end of next year. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Allen is lucky to be at IU. If he were at even a mediocre football school, he would be out.

Both are good talkers who rely on gimmicks, and love to clap like seals at a show.

There are very few elite level football coaches. There are some good to very good coaches... Allen is about a light year away from good. He will need to make the perfect hires this off-season or he will be out by the end of next year. 

Basically all of this is false, but do you feel better? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Wofford is a 1.5 pt favorite over Georgia today, at Georgia...  enough said

He also won 2 conference championships in 4 years. How in the world are you still talking crap about him? 

Grow up

He's an excellent coach..didn't work here. Everyone else has moved on? Do you have OCD about this issue? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He also won 2 conference championships in 4 years. How in the world are you still talking crap about him? 

Grow up

He's an excellent coach..didn't work here. Everyone else has moved on? Do you have OCD about this issue? Woof

I could care less about Tom Crean...  just pointing out some similarities between the two.

Crean is far far far away from excellent at anything other than finding a diamond in the rough

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

I could care less about Tom Crean...  just pointing out some similarities between the two.

Crean is far far far away from excellent at anything other than finding a diamond in the rough

False

By a lot. The similarities that those two hold is they're absolutely incredible dudes. 

Your ridiculous posts don't change that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

False

By a lot. The similarities that those two hold is they're absolutely incredible dudes. 

Your ridiculous posts don't change that. 

I will give you that. Both seem like good dudes, but I'm talking about coaching. If Dolson is serious about the foorball program,  he will be forced to make a change in a year or two.

Crean was not far from the door when he ran here from Marquette. Didnt work here, not going to work in Georgia... thats the truth.

Thankful we have Woodson. Hopefully Allen cleans house and surrounds himself with great coaches, because he needs it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Did you expect to make the playoffs this year? The guy came in as a defensive coordinator and turned the defense around, then made back to back bowl seasons in his 3rd and 4th year. He has met or even exceeded Indiana Football expectations. Plus, after he went 8-5 & 6-2 he didnt jump ship for a better job, which is what normally happens with our coaches... see Deboer, Wommack, Hart, etc...  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Did you expect to make the playoffs this year? The guy came in as a defensive coordinator and turned the defense around, then made back to back bowl seasons in his 3rd and 4th year. He has met or even exceeded Indiana Football expectations. Plus, after he went 8-5 & 6-2 he didnt jump ship for a better job, which is what normally happens with our coaches... see Deboer, Wommack, Hart, etc...  

Uh no... I wouldn't expect IU to ever make the playoffs. Especially with the current 4 team structure.  But completely rolling over and dying wasn't on most people's minds 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jojo123 said:

no matter who the coach is or what school they are at. If you don't have the Jimmys and Joes will not win a championship. Crean had some studs and won a couple conference titles with them. What that says is with the right players anything is possible.

Correct. Always has been and will forever stand the test of time. Getting and developing those players is underrated though. Very underrated.