Question

4 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

My wife an I are going to a basketball game Nov 23. What is the protocol to get in the gym! Will I need a mask are proof of vaccination? Also it’s our anniversary would like a great meal. Any recommendations! 

Zagreb’s is amazing for steaks. Malibu Grill and Uptown are also great anniversary spots (my wife approved of this message)

44 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You will need the mask to get in, but most folks aren’t wearing them at their seats. 

This.  Masks are the official mandate, but I'm sure officials realize it's just too hard to police in a large crowd.  No proof of vaccination requirement either.  My personal view is if people are silly enough to venture into large crowds unmasked and unvaccinated, a case of the Wuhan flu is almost inevitable.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This.  Masks are the official mandate, but I'm sure officials realize it's just too hard to police in a large crowd.  No proof of vaccination requirement either.  My personal view is if people are silly enough to venture into large crowds unmasked and unvaccinated, a case of the Wuhan flu is almost inevitable.

Unless they had it already and are naturally immune now...

2 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Unless they had it already and are naturally immune now...

Well sure.  I consider previous infection as at least as good if not better than the vaccination.  The point I was trying to make is, if you have no real protection and venture into a risky situation, you shouldn't be surprised if something bad happens.  I should have been clearer on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Well sure.  I consider previous infection as at least as good if not better than the vaccination.  The point I was trying to make is, if you have no real protection and venture into a risky situation, you shouldn't be surprised if something bad happens.  I should have been clearer on that.

I figured, but lots of people are not counting that and I wanted to make sure it made the list...😉

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

My personal view is if people are silly enough to venture into large crowds unmasked and unvaccinated, a case of the Wuhan flu is almost inevitable.

Hmm so you are saying all these millions of people that have been going to baseball and football games plus now basketball are all masked and vaccinated, because i haven't heard of any major breakouts from them. I would be willing to bet that not all are vaccinated though and you don't see many masked at them that is for sure.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Hmm so you are saying all these millions of people that have been going to baseball and football games plus now basketball are all masked and vaccinated, because i haven't heard of any major breakouts from them. I would be willing to bet that not all are vaccinated though.

There are certainly things that make you go 🤔.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Hmm so you are saying all these millions of people that have been going to baseball and football games plus now basketball are all masked and vaccinated, because i haven't heard of any major breakouts from them. I would be willing to bet that not all are vaccinated though and you don't see many masked at them that is for sure.

Who knows.  I'm not shilling for the lockdown police here.  I'm guessing that most people going to games this year are either vaccinated or had the virus already (I had both personally).  If you've had neither, it's hard to believe you aren't taking a pretty big chance of getting the virus if you go out in large crowds.  I'm not saying they are super spreader events as I think there's sufficient herd immunity to nearly eliminate that possibility, but I'll bet at least some folks have gotten sick by going to large crowd events completely unprotected.

Having both the vaccine and the virus, I see no need to for myself to mask up in public, personally.  If you have had neither and choose to go to a large public event that's a risk you choose to accept. (you, referring to the generic term here)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

My wife an I are going to a basketball game Nov 23. What is the protocol to get in the gym! Will I need a mask are proof of vaccination? Also it’s our anniversary would like a great meal. Any recommendations! 

Look into the Walnut Street Inn.  And dinner at Simira.  My wife and I were going to do that for our anniversary, but instead we went to little Nashville and saw a show and stayed there. 

Pic of the walnut st inn

423d4f55735f170afcad884e0da70a4c758accd9.jpeg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Who knows.  I'm not shilling for the lockdown police here.  I'm guessing that most people going to games this year are either vaccinated or had the virus already (I had both personally).  If you've had neither, it's hard to believe you aren't taking a pretty big chance of getting the virus if you go out in large crowds.  I'm not saying they are super spreader events as I think there's sufficient herd immunity to nearly eliminate that possibility, but I'll bet at least some folks have gotten sick by going to large crowd events completely unprotected.

Having both the vaccine and the virus, I see no need to for myself to mask up in public, personally.  If you have had neither and choose to go to a large public event that's a risk you choose to accept. (you, referring to the generic term here)

Reasonable take. 👍

One thing though, i would bet that the number is a whole lot lower then you think on people going to a game vaccinated or had the virus.

You say you would bet there is some folks that are unvaccinated that have gotten sick going to a game, while i would also bet there are some that are vaccinated that have gotten sick. Also the majority of sporting events are outside where the risk of getting the virus is pretty low. We will see how the basketball season goes.

Ok this is veering in a direction that they already a thread for so i will move on from it lol.

Edited by Hoosier51

As hinted, let's keep this on point. @OLDIUFAN was asking how to properly prepare. A legit question to ask the HSN community. Let's stick to that.

We got a covid thread. Let's help a fellow IU fan have a great experience as he and his wife go to a game.  

Any covid protocol information or trip advice is the way to go here.  👍

• Like 1