St. John’s Post Game

Inequality

Trayce played a good game all around. 
somebody said it in the game thread but Geronimo is making some of the plays OG did when he started getting more time. Very good to see. Glad lander got robs minutes in the second half. Kopp finally showed some shooting and gave us what we needed from him. Thompson had a good game too. Defense was A big let down in second half after an awesome first half and obviously free throw shooting. We are a good team and so is saint johns. Happy with the win for sure. We had an answer every time they tied it up/made a run. A lot of mental toughness there.  Even seeing their demeanor this year compared to the last couple is night and day. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think St John's was picked 4th in the Big East, but I think that's gotta be low...

Behind Villanova, UConn, and Xavier.

Villanova and UConn both look really good so hard to argue that, but man St. John’s might be right there after that. At least if Champaigne is on like he was tonight, hats off to that kid. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hilarious seeing St. John's fans on Twitter saying the only reason IU won was because of horrible officiating!?!?

How many times does a team come into Assembly Hall and take the same amount of free throws as IU?

I think the reverse can be argued pretty easily for that second half at least haha, but that’s basically the classic argument after a loss

The move to put Geronimo in on that last defensive play was a great one. Saw on Twitter that Woodson said his assistants were yelling at him to get him in. 

I do not believe that move would have been made with the old staff.  I dont mean to bash Archie or his staff, I just think that's a kind tactical move we would not have seen. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The move to put Geronimo in on that last defensive play was a great one. Saw on Twitter that Woodson said his assistants were yelling at him to get him in. 

I do not believe that move would have been made with the old staff.  I dont mean to bash Archie or his staff, I just think that's a kind tactical move we would not have seen. 

I don’t really get the feeling anyone on Archie’s staff would ever yell at him to do anything either really… don’t know if they had that kind’ve relationship but maybe that’s just me

• Like 2