Louisiana Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Interesting thay he's the only one.  I also don't understand why players smoke if they know they are likely to be tested.  

If the suspension was for getting high (we/I don’t know) he could have been the only one for several reasons:

He got high my himself

He got high with non-basketball players

He got high with another player but the other player wasn’t randomly selected to get tested.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

If the suspension was for getting high (we/I don’t know) he could have been the only one for several reasons:

He got high my himself

He got high with non-basketball players

He got high with another player but the other player wasn’t randomly selected to get tested.

Good points.  Its not a good look that he's so easily straying from the flock and making poor decisions.  But he's 18/19 and I did hella drugs around then and made horrible decisions.  Let's see if he learns from his mistakes, if so, not a big deal long term.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Good points.  Its not a good look that he's so easily straying from the flock and making poor decisions.  But he's 18/19 and I did hella drugs around then and made horrible decisions.  Let's see if he learns from his mistakes, if so, not a big deal long term.  

I thought 3 game suspension was for 2nd offense.  I really hope this isn't the case as it's only the beginning of his freshman year. I would hope a first offense so soon after arriving here would kind of get you scared straight.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Is smoked pot even a mistake?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Is smoked pot even a mistake?

Given the national mood, it's pretty insignificant.

Given the well-known rules in place, it's pretty dumb.  It's kind of like showing up for a professional office job interview looking like Joe Dirt.  He's a teenager so he'll get a chance to redeem himself, but if he wants to play basketball for a free education, he should probably lay off the ganja until he's done playing.  That seems like a small sacrifice for the privilege he has in front of him.  As I understand pot-smoking, it's not terribly addictive, so staying away from it for the next 3-4 years shouldn't be that hard.  After his playing days are over, he can blaze one daily with Bill Walton for all I care.