IU Basketball 2021-2022 Season Thread

btownqb

Unless I'm missing it we don't have a thread about general season info.. 

Please delete if that's not the case. 

TJD is avg 19p 10r 4b 3a and has a 2 to A:T ratio. 63% from the field. Obviously nothing like the competition we'll play in the winter, but still. He's been very good. 

Maybe try to gather some of the teams simple topics here. It's worked on the football board. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

• btownqb changed the title to IU Basketball 2021-2022 Season Thread
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I enjoy when the kids are honest. 

You know, I'm in the Autumn of my life...Oh, not Thanksgiving yet, but maybe around Halloween or Veterans Day...When I see stuff like this, I guess I'm getting old and sentimental...A tear wells up in my eye, and I think...

"WTF TOOK US SO LONG!"

• Like 4

Watched quite a bit of the St John's game and though IU looked pretty solid. Certainly much more watchable and entertaining than the "offense" that was used by your previous coach. Surprised Kopp started the game, he always seemed like a decent player that was just a little overmatched in the Big Ten. Maybe Geronimo should be in there?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And then there's this gem...

Yes, this caused you to introduce Kopp in the other thread, remember?

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/9809-big-10-finish-predictions/page/6/#:~:text=He just made a comment in another thread dissing Miller Kopp

You might want to start a journal to keep track of this stuff.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Jesus, can you two start your own thread so we don't have to listen to it in every thread lol

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Screenshot_20211201-141636.png

Well, forgive me fellas if I get a little annoyed with the fan of a rival coming in and shitting in a thread because I didn't have their team high enough in the Big 10 race...

And forgive me if I take exception to someone questioning my reading skills in the process...

You guys want to get walked on without pushing back, so be it...

But I'm not going to...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, forgive me fellas if I get a little annoyed with the fan of a rival coming in and shitting in a thread because I didn't have their team high enough in the Big 10 race...

And forgive me if I take exception to someone questioning my reading skills in the process...

You guys want to get walked on without pushing back, so be it...

But I'm not going to...

Im just suggesting taking it to pm because a large portion of this board could care less if the Goode kid transpires to a 4th year version of Kopp and picking apart semantics of posts from weeks ago.  

Both of you have gotten weird about this.  Jmo and you are entitled to behave within the confines of board rules, which you both are doing.  Id venture im not out of bounds in speaking on behalf of many here, take it to pm.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think you are supposed to have 1 to get in but wearing them is not enforced. 

Thank you. I will not buy tickets if I have to wear one during the game, my birthday is Dec 22nd, so I would like to go and have a date night w/my wife. 

Side note-- I have been to like 5 IU games on my exact birthday lol they always play Northwest Colorado Tech or someone on my birthday and I go for like $7 and have someone drive me. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thank you. I will not buy tickets if I have to wear one during the game, my birthday is Dec 22nd, so I would like to go and have a date night w/my wife. 

Side note-- I have been to like 5 IU games on my exact birthday lol they always play Northwest Colorado Tech or someone on my birthday and I go for like $7 and have someone drive me. lol 

My oldest sons is Dec 23 and for his 13th birthday we celebrated with the Zellers and Cody signed a jersey with a nice birthday message on it. 

Go to Lil Zagrebs before and enjoy the date night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

My oldest sons is Dec 23 and for his 13th birthday we celebrated with the Zellers and Cody signed a jersey with a nice birthday message on it. 

Go to Lil Zagrebs before and enjoy the date night

Exactly what I had in mind. I just wear a mask all friggin day... I just don't want to when I go watch a game. 

Pretty legit gift for your kiddo, though. I remember when I was like 9 or 10... we went and watched spring football practice and I got to meet ARE and he signed my IU #11 jersey. I will have that jersey until I die. I'm sure your kid will feel the same and appreciate it even more and that experience later in life. Good times. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Exactly what I had in mind. I just wear a mask all friggin day... I just don't want to when I go watch a game. 

Pretty legit gift for your kiddo, though. I remember when I was like 9 or 10... we went and watched spring football practice and I got to meet ARE and he signed my IU #11 jersey. I will have that jersey until I die. I'm sure your kid will feel the same and appreciate it even more and that experience later in life. Good times. 

My first teaching job was at Linton Stockton and a teachers daughter was "dating" ARE, I was able to bring him to speak at Red Ribbon Week. Afterwards went to the gym and let's just say I got a few Wins in HORSE, his shot was broke big time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My first teaching job was at Linton Stockton and a teachers daughter was "dating" ARE, I was able to bring him to speak at Red Ribbon Week. Afterwards went to the gym and let's just say I got a few Wins in HORSE, his shot was broke big time

I have a feeling his game wasn't shooting. Bet he'd check you full court though lol that dude was CAT quick. 

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

drafted in the MLB too.. incredible athlete 

I met him once when we were both in college and I was visiting IU. He was either neighbors with the people we were visiting or friends or something. Anyway, he stopped by their apartment while I was there. Got to talk to him for a few minutes. Seemed like a down to earth guy and pretty chill, not an egomaniac like many star athletes can be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Side note-- I have been to like 5 IU games on my exact birthday lol they always play Northwest Colorado Tech or someone on my birthday and I go for like $7 and have someone drive me. 

Wear one in...take it off when you sit down.  That seems to be about 80% of the crowd.

Interesting thing I noticed...Syracuse fans are much more mask compliant than IU fans.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Wear one in...take it off when you sit down.  That seems to be about 80% of the crowd.

Interesting thing I noticed...Syracuse fans are much more mask compliant than IU fans.

Hey to each their own... I am just not going to have ushers come and check me, like the Colts game last year. Just a personal thing, I'd just prefer to stay home than have to wear it. Total cool if someone wants to wear their mask the whole time. 

Syracuse might be more compliant because Syracuse officials check more and will kick you out (laughable) if you have it off? I really don't know. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Hey to each their own... I am just not going to have ushers come and check me, like the Colts game last year. Just a personal thing, I'd just prefer to stay home than have to wear it. Total cool if someone wants to wear their mask the whole time. 

Syracuse might be more compliant because Syracuse officials check more and will kick you out (laughable) if you have it off? I really don't know. 

Probably has a lot to do with the overall mentalities of the fanbase.  We were sitting 3rd row behind the scorer's bench right at center court for the first home game and plenty of IU officials passed and saw us and others without masks.  No one said a word.  I assume when you see most people not wearing and realize what an enforcement nightmare it would be with 17,000 people, they all said f--- it.  I don't see compliance getting better during the season unless the overall health situation goes a whole lot south.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Probably has a lot to do with the overall mentalities of the fanbase.  We were sitting 3rd row behind the scorer's bench right at center court for the first home game and plenty of IU officials passed and saw us and others without masks.  No one said a word.  I assume when you see most people not wearing and realize what an enforcement nightmare it would be with 17,000 people, they all said f--- it.  I don't see compliance getting better during the season unless the overall health situation goes a whole lot south.

I would be surprised if the overall mentalities are that much different. I could be way wrong though. Either way, thank you for helping me out. 

• Like 1