IU Basketball 2021-2022 Season Thread

btownqb

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hey to each their own... I am just not going to have ushers come and check me, like the Colts game last year. Just a personal thing, I'd just prefer to stay home than have to wear it. Total cool if someone wants to wear their mask the whole time. 

Syracuse might be more compliant because Syracuse officials check more and will kick you out (laughable) if you have it off? I really don't know. 

Could be worse because in Germany they are putting the unvaccinated on lockdown.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Woody should not say things like this.  A lot can change in a short amount of time.  He should play who we wants game by game.  Now, when conference season starts, if we wants that to be Lander, this quote makes it harder for him to do it.

Why would that make it harder? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Woody should not say things like this.  A lot can change in a short amount of time.  He should play who we wants game by game.  Now, when conference season starts, if we wants that to be Lander, this quote makes it harder for him to do it.

It isn't necessarily a problem...it simply just needed a qualifier on the front of it.  such as...."Right now" or "At the moment"

Edited by dgambill

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would that make it harder? 

Not sure it does significantly...I'd just say personally it makes your job more difficult if you have to explain all your personnel decisions and why you are making them. I don't think he is backed into a corner on this one where he can't flip it...it's just if he does then "something must have changed" and then he will need to explain his decision again and constantly sharing that over and over can effect the confidence of the players moving up and down the lineup. Seem the simpler thing to do is just tell people nothing has changed as far as playing time and rotations but I will play the player that gives us the best matchup going forward.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Not sure it does significantly...I'd just say personally it makes your job more difficult if you have to explain all your personnel decisions and why you are making them. I don't think he is backed into a corner on this one where he can't flip it...it's just if he does then "something must have changed" and then he will need to explain his decision again and constantly sharing that over and over can effect the confidence of the players moving up and down the lineup.

I don't agree with some of this, but it's also not really that big of a deal to me. 

I just saw it on my Twitter and posted it. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't agree with some of this, but it's also not really that big of a deal to me. 

I just saw it on my Twitter and posted it. 

No...not a big deal at all. Woody has to do the media stuff...not me. Just personally me I wouldn't want to have go into my rotations and such. I have 5 starters....and depending on how the game is going and matchups the 5 I put on the floor will be the 5 that gives us the best chance to win. Not sure I want to go into all why Rob is ahead of Lander today and what might change tomorrow....but that is just me. Woody is the coach and been one for a long time. This kinda feels more like an NBA thing then a college thing. Seems more important to designate a 6th man or first guard or a "depth chart" in the NBA where as in college it feels more fluid given the ups and downs of most college players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Mike Woodson should say what Mike Woodson wants to say. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that KL and RP AND the entire rest of the team know exactly what his plans and reasons of, are. I get the feeling that Woody is a great leader, which means he is 100% transparent to his players. That means "qualifiers" put in front of statements for the consumption of us fans, is totaly worthless PC BS.  

My opinion of course.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
Edited in my best Mike woodson voice speaking about Mike Woodson.. lol
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Mike Woodson should say what Mike Woodson wants to say. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that KL and RP AND the entire rest of the team know exactly what his plans and reasons of, are. I get the feeling that Woody is a great leader, which means he is 100% transparent to his players. That means "qualifiers" put in front of statements for the consumption of us fans, is totaly worthless PC BS.  

My opinion of course.

Good post.  While I would not make a statement like this, Woody has lived the basketball world at a much higher level than me.  Also, I’m not sure of the context of that quote, but we all know he is smart enough to play who earns it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...