IU Basketball 2021-2022 Season Thread

btownqb

4 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Senior day is not that far away.  Is Parker Stewart the only Hoosier that is definitely out of eligibility?  It's hard to keep track with this Covid year thing.

Obviously, the second question is who else moves on, but I'm just wondering about senior day at this point.

Stewart can come back next year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, BGleas said:

First, great clip! Second, can we get back to the point of having 3 future NBA players in our lineup?

Not sure we have any right now. IU's biggest problem is the Jimmy's and the Joe's. 

I was at that game sitting half way up behind the Indiana basket. I remember when he shot it and knew it was going in based on the trajectory. That was an unbelievable game. We haven't had too many like it in the last few years. 

Edited by jefftheref
  • Like 2

Just thinking about this season and to me if we don't make the tournament it will probably the most disappointed I have been in awhile.  Maybe the Romeo year I was disappointed because we had a lot of talent.

To me this year I look at the 8 losses we have had a leaf in the second half.  This shows that we have competed and have been able to hang in games   I see games like Syracuse and UW where for a half our offense was really good and were able to dominate. I see we finally started winning games on the road we should at Neb. and Maryland.  The home games against PU and OSU shows we can beat some of the top teams in the country. We pretty much dominated PSU at home and on the road against Maryland.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I like reading it, just wish it happened on the court. So far getting his shot up seems to be his only thought.

His best games have come when he's hit the defensive end with effort and intensity right off the bad. 

With that said, he's mostly put up good, open shots, just struggled to find a rhythm. But, I haven't seen him be selfish or force too many shots. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I like reading it, just wish it happened on the court. So far getting his shot up seems to be his only thought.

The first step in correcting a fault, is recognizing it to begin with. 

And whether anyone wants to admit it here or not... (and I am literally more of a defensive minded dude as anyone in either sport)... scoring the basketball is absolutely priority #1. 

He doesn't have to be an elite defender. He has to be engaged(which he is) and alert(which he is working on). His length and athleticism will take care of the rest. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Someone on the Rivals site is saying there's reports of Fife not fitting in well with the other staff and maybe moving on after the season.  Supposedly the Assembly Call guys hearing the same chatter.  Anyone hearing the same?

I wondered when this would become a race thing. Fife is either too hard on them and making them accountable and or not coddling them. Woodson always says I have to get them better. Coach you can't play the game for them, and you need to have the right players playing. That's how you make them better. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/13/2022 at 9:23 AM, thirdgenhoosier said:

Senior day is not that far away.  Is Parker Stewart the only Hoosier that is definitely out of eligibility?  It's hard to keep track with this Covid year thing.

Obviously, the second question is who else moves on, but I'm just wondering about senior day at this point.

None of the players, including Stewart, will run out of eligibility this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

I wondered when this would become a race thing. Fife is either too hard on them and making them accountable and or not coddling them. Woodson always says I have to get them better. Coach you can't play the game for them, and you need to have the right players playing. That's how you make them better. 

It's not CMW's style to throw others under the bus publicly.  But I'll bet when he says it's his job to get them better that does include holding them accountable in practice and in his office.

16 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We will run out of scholarships instead.  That will be out biggest issue.  Not enough scholarships for the incoming and everyone who might want to stay.  if i remember reading correctly 

Some of our seniors will move on.  I don’t know who and have heard no rumors so I’m not trying to start anything.  It just makes sense that some of them will just say it’s time to move on w life.

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Some of our seniors will move on.  I don’t know who and have heard no rumors so I’m not trying to start anything.  It just makes sense that some of them will just say it’s time to move on w life.

i agree.  Someone is going to be leaving.  Whether its Sr's or lower classmen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We will run out of scholarships instead.  That will be out biggest issue.  Not enough scholarships for the incoming and everyone who might want to stay.  if i remember reading correctly 

Indeed. I personally hope for a large turnover in the roster after this season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Indeed. I personally hope for a large turnover in the roster after this season.

I’d personally want at least two of the current seniors and one freshman (eligibility-wise) to be gone. I won’t name guys, but I’m sure a couple we’d really like to stay will leave too. Guessing 5 guys will move on. With the three incoming freshmen, we’ll add a couple transfers…. hopefully a shooter and a big. 

On the season, XJ, PS, Kopp, RP & Bates are all shooting 40% or less. Galloway is shooting 48%, but that's because 80% of his baskets are layups. He's 26% from 3. PS shoots 43% from three, but 31% from 2 and 57% on FTs. Shockingly Lander is 46%, but the rest of his game is a mess.

This roster needs a total makeover at the guard/wing position to be competitive in the B1G.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

On the season, XJ, PS, Kopp, RP & Bates are all shooting 40% or less. Galloway is shooting 48%, but that's because 80% of his baskets are layups. He's 26% from 3. PS shoots 43% from three, but 31% from 2 and 57% on FTs. Shockingly Lander is 46%, but the rest of his game is a mess.

This roster needs a total makeover at the guard/wing position to be competitive in the B1G.

We're just so one-dimensional at all of those spots. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

We're just so one-dimensional at all of those spots. 

The top teams in the B1G all have a guy that can knock down tough shots...The reason we lost to Wisconsin twice was they have a guy that can go get shots from the wing and make really difficult shots throughout the game to keep them from having any droughts...just think of the highly contested jump shots Davis hit against us and then add to it the number of times he made something happen in traffic late in the shot clock...We have no one like that, and we haven't since Yogi left unless you count Romeo to a certain extent...

3 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

The top teams in the B1G all have a guy that can knock down tough shots...The reason we lost to Wisconsin twice was they have a guy that can go get shots from the wing and make really difficult shots throughout the game to keep them from having any droughts...just think of the highly contested jump shots Davis hit against us and then add to it the number of times he made something happen in traffic late in the shot clock...We have no one like that, and we haven't since Yogi left unless you count Romeo to a certain extent...

Completely agree. I was saying during the Wisconsin game thread that if it was close down the stretch I would he surprised if we won because Davis would take over. 

We have nobody like Davis, Trent Frazier, Aaron Henry last year when he took over against us, etc. 

• Like 2