GameDay Week 12

btownqb

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  OSU vs. Michigan State looks like Center Grove vs. a middle of the road 3A program in high school.  And Michigan State was ranked in the Top 10!

I don't know how the NCAA rectifies the situation, but if the same 3-4 teams are playing for the championship every year, fans will lose interest very quickly.  

I already have.  I use to look forward to a lot of tn bowls but now between the playoffs and having 40 bowls I lost interest.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I already have.  I use to look forward to a lot of tn bowls but now between the playoffs and having 40 bowls I lost interest.

I'm pretty well checked out on college football as well.  I used to enjoy the big matchups of the week, but I probably haven't watched 10 minutes of college football since I physically went to the IU / Cincy game.  

• Like 2

Are their anyone ALIVE besides my self that remember 1967? The SO CALLED BIG 10 ROBBED IU THAT CHANCE LAST YEAR!!  Maybe when you are not rewarded for YOUR GREAT YEAR IT IT FEELS ALL IS LOST FOR ALL THE EFFORT YOU PUT INTO IT!!? We are IU AND I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! 

Edited by loviubb

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Are their anyone ALIVE besides my self that remember 1967? The SO CALLED BIG 10 ROBBED IU THAT CHANCE LAST YEAR!!  Maybe when you are not rewarded for YOUR GREAT YEAR IT IT FEELS ALL IS LOST FOR ALL THE EFFORT YOU PUT INTO IT!!? We are IU AND I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! 

I was born in June of 1967.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I was born in June of 1967.

Pup😁 i remember IUS GREATEST SEASON!! FOOTBAL 1967   At least in my life time. But also some of IU'S BEST YEARS IN MBB WERE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! But back to  Forgive spelling and such!!  Drunk watching the game! So much talent and the Big 10 took out the heart last year so MONEY MAKER WOULD OSU INSTEAD OF IU!! BE IN !!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know how the NCAA rectifies the situation, but if the same 3-4 teams are playing for the championship every year, fans will lose interest very quickly.  

Well the first thing they should do is make the SEC play a 9 game conference schedule!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  OSU vs. Michigan State looks like Center Grove vs. a middle of the road 3A program in high school.  And Michigan State was ranked in the Top 10!

This simply isn't true. Football is king by a lot. Viewership and money, nothing comes close. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This simply isn't true. Football is king by a lot. Viewership and money, nothing comes close. 

Football will always be king and have the viewership and money like you say. People will still watch and go to games no matter who makes it to the CFP. Also although slim there is a chance this seasons CFP might have four new teams in it. Clemson is out and if the Tide lose to the Bulldog then they are out. Notre Dame has a chance but they need a lot to happen, OSU is probably as close of a lock as any of them but they do have a couple of tough games coming up.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I am a Notre Dame fan and support this. Especially since it would probably be the ACC and they have won 23 straight regular season games against them lol. 😁

They still aren't Clemson, assuming this was a one year fluke for Clemson. 

They are CLEARLY the 2nd best program in the ACC. By a wide, wide margin. 

I think most years they'd be 4th in the SEC, that's not necessarily intended to be a knock though. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They still aren't Clemson, assuming this was a one year fluke for Clemson. 

They are CLEARLY the 2nd best program in the ACC. By a wide, wide margin. 

I think most years they'd be 4th in the SEC, that's not necessarily intended to be a knock though. 

They would battle for the ACC title every year with Clemson and win some of them. 

Also i think they would be second almost every year with Georgia or whatever other team is hot that year in the SEC.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont think that's a reason they should be made to. 

Do you think it should effect their strength of schedule?  Should it be discussed they get basically another bye week in the middle of the their conference schedule, while other conferences are grinding it out?

I personally believe Bama should've dropped last week when they played New Mexico State and OSU dominated another conference foe.  But then again, I admit my anti-SEC bias openly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

They would battle for the ACC title every year with Clemson and win some of them. 

Also i think they would be second almost every year with Georgia or whatever other team is hot that year in the SEC.

They would have won very, very few games against Clemson the last 8 years. 

And 2nd in the SEC!?!?! Cmon now lol we've seen this play out before.

Every year ND fans assume because they're 10-1/11-0 right now that they can compete in the South. They lost to a non power 5 at home... 

Has ND ever had a good showing in the post season? In my lifetime.. (1990).. I can't remember any BCS bowls/CFP they've even won. 

They are like the Purdue of CFB. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Do you think it should effect their strength of schedule?  Should it be discussed they get basically another bye week in the middle of the their conference schedule, while other conferences are grinding it out?

I personally believe Bama should've dropped last week when they played New Mexico State and OSU dominated another conference foe.  But then again, I admit my anti-SEC bias openly.

What SOS? They aren't overly using that as a barometer any more. 

It's about who've beaten. 

1, 2, 12, 16, 21, 25 in one conference gives you a plethora of good win possibilities. 

4, 6, 7, 15, 17 is the Big Tens lineup rankings wise. It's incredible how much better those two conferences are than the rest. 

5 of the top 7, 8 of the top 16. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They would have won very, very few games against Clemson the last 8 years. 

And 2nd in the SEC!?!?! Cmon now lol we've seen this play out before.

Every year ND fans assume because they're 10-1/11-0 right now that they can compete in the South. They lost to a non power 5 at home... 

Has ND ever had a good showing in the post season? In my lifetime.. (1990).. I can't remember any BCS bowls/CFP they've even won. 

They are like the Purdue of CFB. 

Ok sounds kind of like us Hoosiers fans right. We are the ND of basketball.

Edited by Hoosier51