GameDay Week 12

btownqb

Sorry.. I think ND is an excellent program. For sure the 2nd best program in the Midwest. 

Theres a massive gap between them UGA, Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Clemson. 

Plus when UF, LSU, Auburn are really good I don't think ND can compete with them either. 

History has shown us that, right? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Sorry.. I think ND is an excellent program. For sure the 2nd best program in the Midwest. 

Theres a massive gap between them UGA, Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Clemson. 

Plus when UF, LSU, Auburn are really good I don't think ND can compete with them either. 

History has shown us that, right? 

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

If fact ND has made two college playoffs and a BCS championship in the last decade, when did our Hoosiers. 

And before you say it yes they lost in them, but NEWSFLASH everyone has lost to those teams that they did.

Exactly why it's silly to think they can compete with those schools. They can't. They didn't beat any SEC schools, Clemson, or Oklahoma to get into the playoffs to begin with. 

Sorry they beat Clemson at home w/o TL. 

Once. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

History means nothing in the future. I assume you expect those teams you mentioned to improve, so why couldn't ND improve an already good team if they joined those conferences.

Hold up.. I didn't say they couldn't. I mean, I dont think they will, but all I said was they'd be 4th in the sec most years. Some years plenty lower. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Let's regroup- 

You are saying most years ND would be the 2nd best team in the SEC, right? @Hoosier51

I guess I've never seen evidence to back that claim up. 

Well considering they don't play SEC teams very often, maybe Alabama could schedule them over New Mexico State after their bye week instead, you won't see much evidence of it.

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I haven’t seen this anywhere, but could the Big Ten look any worse here? They either just don’t care about fair rule enforcement and player safety or are flat out dumb. 

There is no way this isn’t targeting. His head shouldn’t be sideways in his helmet like that. 

B3EFA9C9-2BE0-44A5-A071-7B095D1713D6.jpeg

And if I’m not mistaken, this was also a late hit. 

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I haven’t seen this anywhere, but could the Big Ten look any worse here? They either just don’t care about fair rule enforcement and player safety or are flat out dumb. 

There is no way this isn’t targeting. His head shouldn’t be sideways in his helmet like that. 

NCAA refs in general are terrible and the B1G is a clown show anymore.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What SOS? They aren't overly using that as a barometer any more. 

It's about who've beaten. 

1, 2, 12, 16, 21, 25 in one conference gives you a plethora of good win possibilities. 

4, 6, 7, 15, 17 is the Big Tens lineup rankings wise. It's incredible how much better those two conferences are than the rest. 

5 of the top 7, 8 of the top 16. 

Completely agree SEC and B1G are leagues above everyone else. I just think the extra conference game puts the B1G at a disadvantage in terms rankings, injuries, and upset potential.  The extra conference game literally causes half the conference to have 1 additional loss automatically, which effects rankings and bowl eligibility. 

• Like 1

Well considering they don't play SEC teams very often, maybe Alabama could schedule them over New Mexico State after their bye week instead, you won't see much evidence of it.

Oh I've already seen Bama kick the absolute dog poop out of ND. I watched it last year lol 

Bama has played 4 currently ranked teams, ND has played 2. Hard to complain about Bamas schedule. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Completely agree SEC and B1G are leagues above everyone else. I just think the extra conference game puts the B1G at a disadvantage in terms rankings, injuries, and upset potential.  The extra conference game literally causes half the conference to have 1 additional loss automatically, which effects rankings and bowl eligibility. 

That's a B1G problem lol 

Not an SEC one

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Oh I've already seen Bama kick the absolute dog poop out of ND. I watched it last year lol 

Bama has played 4 currently ranked teams, ND has played 2. Hard to complain about Bamas schedule. 

Just like they kicked the crap out of OSU and every other team they have played, but all anyone talks about is how they beat ND.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Just like they kicked the crap out of OSU and every other team they have played, but all anyone talks about is how they beat ND.

Because ND is the only one claiming to be elite without actually doing anything to be considered elite. 

OSU had just absolutely destroyed a team that destroyed ND. 

I think OSU would generally beat ND by 14-17 points. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

True.  If the other conferences don't force uniformity in scheduling,  why not take advantage of it. Just surprised the B1G and OSU let the SEC and ESPN out strategize them.

I never, ever understood why B1G went to 9 conference games to begin with. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I wonder if they thought by leading, everyone else would follow. In the past that probably was the case.  Now the SEC does what ESPN tells them.  ESPN swings a bigger stick than the B1G these days, and they know how to promote and protect their product.

Just now, btownqb said:

Because ND is the only one claiming to be elite without actually doing anything to be considered elite. 

OSU had just absolutely destroyed a team that destroyed ND. 

I think OSU would generally beat ND by 14-17 points. 

Hmm show me where ND is claming to be elite? If you take your ND hatred goggles off you would see only three teams has had better SUSTAINED success then the Irish lately. Clemson, Alabama, and OSU. A few teams like LSU have had one off years but that is it.

They probably would beat ND this year by that, but yet again they are beating everyone like that.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really think they didn't see it as a problem, which it did.  I least I hope that was what happened because it has hampered the conference.  Not only in the CFP but in bowl invites.

20 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Gross

• Like 1

Hmm show me where ND is claming to be elite? If you take your ND hatred goggles off you would see only three teams has had better SUSTAINED success then the Irish lately. Clemson, Alabama, and OSU. A few teams like LSU have had one off years but that is it.

They probably would beat ND this year by that, but yet again they are beating everyone like that.

UGA will be in that group, I agree. 

But.. what I'm saying is that "sustained" success is false hope and can basically be attributed to not being in the SEC or B1G because they wouldn't have had the level of success if they were in either of those conferences. 

We saw what happened the last time they played Michigan. 😳😳😳 

You said they would be the 2nd best team in the SEC, so you said they were elite with that claim.