GameDay Week 12

btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

UGA will be in that group, I agree. 

But.. what I'm saying is that "sustained" success is false hope and can basically be attributed to not being in the SEC or B1G because they wouldn't have had the level of success if they were in either of those conferences. 

We saw what happened the last time they played Michigan. 😳😳😳 

You said they would be the 2nd best team in the SEC, so you said they were elite with that claim. 

You know what this is just going around in circles. 👍

Late to the discussion.

The combined records of Notre Dame’s opponents for their final 4 games was 14-27 at the time they played. Only Virginia at 6-4 had a winning record.

I said this a week or so ago. Notre Dame benefits by not having to play the conference slog week in and week out. Makes a huge difference as to the pounding a body takes when you’re not in a competitive game every week 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Late to the discussion.

The combined records of Notre Dame’s opponents for their final 4 games was 14-27 at the time they played. Only Virginia at 6-4 had a winning record.

I said this a week or so ago. Notre Dame benefits by not having to play the conference slog week in and week out. Makes a huge difference as to the pounding a body takes when you’re not in a competitive game every week 

I know we like to cherry pick stats to make our argument but why only the last 4 games? Going into this weekend I saw ND had the highest strength of record but that goes against your argument. I don't think ND is on the level as OSU, BAMA or UGA this year but I love that so many people just love to find ways to make ND look irrelevant,  that reminds me of what PU fans do to make IU irrelevant in basketball. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know we like to cherry pick stats to make our argument but why only the last 4 games? Going into this weekend I saw ND had the highest strength of record but that goes against your argument. I don't think ND is on the level as OSU, BAMA or UGA this year but I love that so many people just love to find ways to make ND look irrelevant,  that reminds me of what PU fans do to make IU irrelevant in basketball. 

As the stretch drive comes for the college playoffs, and all the jockeying occurs for positions, the most recent strength of schedule should absolutely be looked at. Beating ranked opponents v beating teams who don't even have winning records makes the argument against ND moving up to one of the 4 slots a more difficult one. 

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As the stretch drive comes for the college playoffs, and all the jockeying occurs for positions, the most recent strength of schedule should absolutely be looked at. Beating ranked opponents v beating teams who don't even have winning records makes the argument against ND moving up to one of the 4 slots a more difficult one. 

then comparing 1 loss teams ,an early loss  is not important is what you are saying? so if UC plays a much worse schedule than ND the last half of the season ND is more deserving? I don't think UC goers undefeated with the same schedule that ND or any of the other teams in the CFP picture have played. Who do you think at this point deserves to be in the CFP?

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

then comparing 1 loss teams ,an early loss  is not important is what you are saying? so if UC plays a much worse schedule than ND the last half of the season ND is more deserving? I don't think UC goers undefeated with the same schedule that ND or any of the other teams in the CFP picture have played. Who do you think at this point deserves to be in the CFP?

OSU, Bama, UGA, and if OKST wins their next two.. that is who I would have in as my 4th. 

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The SEC laughs at ND, just being 100% honest. They only fear Clemson and OSU. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Georgia, OSU, UC, Bama/Michigan....as of right now. If both Bama and Michigan lose, then the winner of the Big 12 if its a one loss OK State or Oklahoma

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe that they would but if they were in the SEC i guarantee recruiting would be better as well. They would have no problem being a top 3 every year. its a discussion neither of us can prove just opinion

I just.... shew. I watch a ND game, they have no athletes. Idk. They have to rely on that OL and against the SEC DLs, you just can't do that. They're too good. Too fast. 

I think ND is Wisconsin. It's a nice program, they have good players, they do what they need to against the competition they play, but... when it comes to competing against the big boys, they aren't there. 

If they played Tex AM's schedule they'd be 9-3 just like AM will be, Don't think they would have beaten Bama, but would have beaten MSU. Still lose to Arkansas, Bama, and Ole Miss. I believe most years they'd be 9-3. I think their schedule is wildly skewed by how poor the teams are that they play. 

• Like 1

Small sample size and some of these were played many years ago but to think that ND could not play well in the SEC is crazy 29-19 all time and only UGA has a winning record against ND. I know some of these teams are no longer in the SEC but I think ND would be fine. 

A L L    G A M E S                       B O W L    G A M E S

G    W    L    T    WIN%  PFPG  PAPG      G    W    L    T    WIN%  PFPG  PAPG 
    Alabama         :   8    5    3    0   62.5%  17.5  19.9  :   4    2    2    0   50.0%  16.2  26.8 
    Florida         :   1    1    0    0  100.0%  39.0  28.0  :   1    1    0    0  100.0%  39.0  28.0 
    Georgia         :   3    0    3    0    0.0%  15.3  20.0  :   1    0    1    0    0.0%  10.0  17.0 
    Georgia Tech    :  10    8    2    0   80.0%  23.6  10.1  :   0    0    0    0       -     -     - 
    Louisiana State :  12    7    5    0   58.3%  19.3  20.4  :   4    2    2    0   50.0%  18.8  28.2 
    Mississippi     :   2    1    1    0   50.0%  25.0  17.0  :   0    0    0    0       -     -     - 
    Tennessee       :   8    4    4    0   50.0%  25.9  27.2  :   0    0    0    0       -     -     - 
    Tulane          :   6    6    0    0  100.0%  36.2   4.7  :   0    0    0    0       -     -     - 
    Vanderbilt      :   3    3    0    0  100.0%  25.7   8.0  :   0    0    0    0         

I just.... shew. I watch a ND game, they have no athletes. Idk. They have to rely on that OL and against the SEC DLs, you just can't do that. They're too good. Too fast. 

I think ND is Wisconsin. It's a nice program, they have good players, they do what they need to against the competition they play, but... when it comes to competing against the big boys, they aren't there. 

If they played Tex AM's schedule they'd be 9-3 just like AM will be, Don't think they would have beaten Bama, but would have beaten MSU. Still lose to Arkansas, Bama, and Ole Miss. I believe most years they'd be 9-3. I think their schedule is wildly skewed by how poor the teams are that they play. 

Just out of curiosity where would a 9-3 record put them each year. It would be somewhere between 3 and 5 every year and depends on which division they would be in. They are much much more than Wisconsin. I do agree with the speed but if you are in the SEC getting speed wont be an issue, even teams like Tennessee can get speed in the SEC

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just out of curiosity where would a 9-3 record put them each year. It would be somewhere between 3 and 5 every year and depends on which division they would be in. They are much much more than Wisconsin. I do agree with the speed but if you are in the SEC getting speed wont be an issue, even teams like Tennessee can get speed in the SEC

What have they shown to be more than Wisconsin? 

I meant to say... UW of 4-9 years ago. Very good team, just not quite there. Tennessee's talents as good as ND lol their player development and coaching isn't. That's how much I value the SEC talent. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What have they shown to be more than Wisconsin? 

I meant to say... UW of 4-9 years ago. Very good team, just not quite there. Tennessee's talents as good as ND lol their player development and coaching isn't. That's how much I value the SEC talent. 

Making my point if they were in the SEC the talent would be better they speed would come and if they were in the BIG only OSU annually would be better IMO

Making my point if they were in the SEC the talent would be better they speed would come and if they were in the BIG only OSU annually would be better IMO

But that's not anywhere close to reality, as far as being in the SEC goes. Like I said, they do well for what they have... in the grand scheme of deciding a national champion, ND doesn't really have a say. They can't compete when they're good enough to get in the playoffs... and they haven't beaten anyone that factors in to the playoffs in the regular season (outside of a TL less Clemson team) last year. 

I just don't get it with ND fans lol if this were the 80s.... yeah I'd say ND was a factor. I truly love every time they are embarrassed in the CFP and the ACCTG last year.

ND is like Auburn. Below UF, Bama, UGA, and LSU. 5th or 6th in the SEC as far as a program. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

OSU, Bama, UGA, and if OKST wins their next two.. that is who I would have in as my 4th. 

Is that a 2 loss Bama, or assuming they beat Georgia and each have 1 loss?  I'm on board with a 1 loss Bama for sure. 2 losses, in my opinion, would require several more teams to lose, and an epic finish with Bama/UGA.

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Is that a 2 loss Bama, or assuming they beat Georgia and each have 1 loss?  I'm on board with a 1 loss Bama for sure. 2 losses, in my opinion, would require several more teams to lose, and an epic finish with Bama/UGA.

I think.. as long as Bama plays 4 good quarters against UGA, they're in. 

I think.. as long as Bama plays 4 good quarters against UGA, they're in. 

You could be right, and that's what ESPN has been angling for all year.  Cinci has done themselves no favors struggling to beat some bad opponents.  Notre Dame has me stumped.  1 loss and it's to an undefeated top 5 team.  They've looked dominant at times, and mediocre at others.   

I just think Bama is playing off years past.  They lost to an unranked and mediocre A&M that was struggling at the time.  Their best win is Ole Miss. 

The SEC and Bama aren't what they've been the past decade this season. Hard to convince me a 2 loss team with that resume deserves it. Shockingly, several Bama fans I know agree. Guess we'll see. But in the playoff, Saban is their trump card. He just wins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You could be right, and that's what ESPN has been angling for all year.  Cinci has done themselves no favors struggling to beat some bad opponents.  Notre Dame has me stumped.  1 loss and it's to an undefeated top 5 team.  They've looked dominant at times, and mediocre at others.   

I just think Bama is playing off years past.  They lost to an unranked and mediocre A&M that was struggling at the time.  Their best win is Ole Miss. 

The SEC and Bama aren't what they've been the past decade this season. Hard to convince me a 2 loss team with that resume deserves it. Shockingly, several Bama fans I know agree. Guess we'll see. But in the playoff, Saban is their trump card. He just wins. 

You are wrong. ND is far less than mediocre and could not carry the jock strap of any SEC team are you kidding me.😀

If Bama loses and OSU, ND AND UC all win out it will go UGA, OSU, UC ND. still a lot of football to be played

• Like 1

You are wrong. ND is far less than mediocre and could not carry the jock strap of any SEC team are you kidding me.😀

If Bama loses and OSU, ND AND UC all win out it will go UGA, OSU, UC ND. still a lot of football to be played

Ha!  This season has created vast  perspectives on teams worthiness. It's fun to discuss and debate. 

Don't sleep on OK St. if they win out.  Their defense is legit, and they're playing their best ball now.  If they beat Oklahoma and finish with 1 loss, tough to keep them out. But then who gets left out?! The committee will have some serious rationalizing to do either way.

• Like 1