Louisiana Game Thread

Reacher

It was a little chaotic of a half with the turnovers. And the defensive boards are a focus point, but missing that many shots that will present more opportunities for them. Need to take better care of the ball. Very impressed with Lander. A couple bad decisions but great hustle, a few great passes, and his defense has been serviceable for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

It was a little chaotic of a half with the turnovers. And the defensive boards are a focus point, but missing that many shots that will present more opportunities for them. Need to take better care of the ball. Very impressed with Lander. A couple bad decisions but great hustle, a few great passes, and his defense has been serviceable for sure. 

Rebounding is still a concern, but it’s hard to rebound bricks and air balls. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I think people forget he is a true freshman this year. CAM had him re-classify and should have been in high school last year....

+1

If anything, the time at IU last year was a negative. If he had been playing in high school, he would have a lot more confidence to start the year. There is more development to be done than if he were a true freshman.

Honestly, I believe he could be one of our top 3-4 players at the end of the year. He combines athleticism with moments of old man game cleverness. If only he had about 15-20 more pounds on him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We've given up 11 Orebs and have 12 TOs

They did miss 29 shots and 6 free throws, a few of which were front ends of 1 and 1, plenty of loos balls to be rebounded.  I wonder what our typical defensive rebounding percentage is.  

Gotta clean up the turnovers and win the glass. The trash human being Izzo recipe for basketball success.  

• Like 1