Louisiana @ IU - who's your MVP?

Reacher

Well I got what I wanted.  That was seeing minutes from KL.  Pretty happy with his performance and hope he uses it as a springboard to becoming a major contributor.  Part of me thinks Rob just got "Wally Pipped."

As far as the "sloppy play" concerning the turnovers and fouls I tend to think we played the style that Louisiana dictated.  Pretty much saying we beat them at their own game.  If that makes any sense.

Edited by rico
  • Like 5

Just now, rico said:

I meant to say "Wally Pipped"....dang, I feel like Scott!

😂 

I knew who you meant, and was pre-coffee goin with it...

That said, I was a bit concerned about XJ too...after the tech, he walked away from Woody's arse chewing...

I would imagine he'll get a follow up today...we need him right for Big 10 play...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Well I got what I wanted.  That was seeing minutes from KL.  Pretty happy with his performance and hope he uses it as a springboard to becoming a major contributor.  Part of me thinks Rob just got "Wall Pipped."

As far as the "sloppy play" concerning the turnovers and fouls I tend to think we played the style that Louisiana dictated.  Pretty much saying we beat them at their own game.  If that makes any sense.

Depending on the extent of his injury, I don't see Rob's minutes diminishing, especially against better competition.  His defense will be critical.  Lander will still play more, but that will be the result of Galloway's injury.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Depending on the extent of his injury, I don't see Rob's minutes diminishing, especially against better competition.  His defense will be critical.  Lander will still play more, but that will be the result of Galloway's injury.

Good point.  I got excited and forgot about Trey's injury.  

Been thinking about MVP for a couple of days, and I have to give it to KL.

After X got into foul trouble, KL stepped in and we really didn't miss a beat. (I know 4 TO's), but the rest of his play over shadowed that in my mind. 

He wasn't afraid to mix it up inside, got a couple of rebounds among the trees and kept the pace of play bearable. And he's getting better on defense from where he was.

• Like 2