Transfer Portal(Players entering)

rico

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

I get it… theoretically.

But most of these kids get 4 years of their life to play. Why not go somewhere else if it’s a better fit. if you don’t get the raise or promotion you’re looking for, and another company is offering you that, I don’t think anyone should give you grief for it. 

If you keep switching jobs you will be eventually looked at as a person who won't stay long.  The more times yo do this the less likely you will still get hired

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Probably for the best. 

Penix gave this fan some of my best IU football memories.  It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.  Is it testing the water until OC?  Is he going to follow Sheridan somewhere?  Does he just want a chance to play somewhere and IU looking towards the future?  I wonder what the communication was and currently is?  Has IU reached out to any QB's on the market?

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If you keep switching jobs you will be eventually looked at as a person who won't stay long.  The more times yo do this the less likely you will still get hired

Some would say this is old thinking.  We are in the startup world, etc.  I know if you have a skill or creativity you can go from job to job.  Now, industry is hiring for specific projects only.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Penix gave this fan some of my best IU football memories.  It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.  Is it testing the water until OC?  Is he going to follow Sheridan somewhere?  Does he just want a chance to play somewhere and IU looking towards the future?  I wonder what the communication was and currently is?  Has IU reached out to any QB's on the market?

IU can’t rely on a QB who can’t stay healthy. My guess this was a mutual type decision. He’ll probably go back to Florida. Gave us some great moments. Will always be a fan

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was never a big fan of Penix.  He did give us some good memories and wins but something was always off with him for me.  Never did learn to throw with touch but once a Hoosier always a Hoosier and I wish him the best.

He definitely was better at the deep ball than anything else. I blame the coaching staff for his issues this year. He shouldn't have played. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

CTA isnt giving up more money, he'll live with Hiller another year.

I've heard talk that part of the OL issues stemmed from Sheridan and the way he wanted them to block to fit his scheme and a few other things. I'll be curious to see if the change at OC makes a difference not to mention bringing in a few new bodies to compete as well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think I'm dumber for trying to understand what he's trying to say.

I could be wrong but I think he is talking to those young black men that are out getting shot on the streets that it's been very hard road to get his opportunity in life....but now God has a plan for him at IU....and that he is ten toes (or both feet in!). I'd say maybe something along those lines?? However, I'm a white man in his 40's so I have little in relation to what he's been through and might be misinterpreting him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was never a big fan of Penix.  He did give us some good memories and wins but something was always off with him for me.  Never did learn to throw with touch but once a Hoosier always a Hoosier and I wish him the best.

He has a very big/long throwing motion...to me he was able to make some big plays last year down the field but asking him to get his throw off under pressure or deliver accurate shorter passes...yeah he just hasn't ever been that kind of passer. Sometimes if your late to read a guy coming open by the time with that motion you get the pass off well...that's a disaster waiting to happen. His legs also were a big help in the past. He didn't have the time or the legs this year so it just kind of snowballed.

• Like 1