Transfer Portal(Players entering)

rico

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Loving the talent coming in...don't get me wrong...but are we going to see anything that will help us in the one true spot of need...or does no one trust our OL/OC to fix it or coach them?

Mentioned a few pages back that not all of our OLine woes this year were lack of talent. I think our new OC could help in that department. Not saying they shouldn't address it but sometimes coaching can help in that regard.

PS....I know the portal goes both ways. Sometimes a player just wants more time, sometimes a coach misses on evaluation but if this portal season is any indicator I'm just going to start assuming 10 guys leave or come in every offseason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Deion and his staff picking where they can. Wish them the best of luck!

Was just reading this article yesterday about how Dion and the success of the team has contributed to a $30 million uptick in money to an area of the country that really needed it:

https://theshadowleague.com/the-city-has-seen-about-a-30-million-revenue-increase-deion-sanders-effect-has-brought-the-bag-to-jackson-mississippi/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mentioned a few pages back that not all of our OLine woes this year were lack of talent. I think our new OC could help in that department. Not saying they shouldn't address it but sometimes coaching can help in that regard.

PS....I know the portal goes both ways. Sometimes a player just wants more time, sometimes a coach misses on evaluation but if this portal season is any indicator I'm just going to start assuming 10 guys leave or come in every offseason. 

I'm sure there was scheme issues...but my god the OL issues are still very much talent issue first and foremost....sorry I wish it wasn't the case.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

I'm sure there was scheme issues...but my god the OL issues are still very much talent issue first and foremost....sorry I wish it wasn't the case.

Get it and understand. I certainly know they need to bring in guys, build depth,etc....because one peak at schedule next year we at Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, at Michigan St in 4 straight weeks. Going to need as much strength upfront as ever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Get it and understand. I certainly know they need to bring in guys, build depth,etc....because one peak at schedule next year we at Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, at Michigan St in 4 straight weeks. Going to need as much strength upfront as ever.

Yeah...that's a schedule even if you are healthy going in....by the time you are done you are so beat up you then don't have much to go at the teams you SHOULD beat on your schedule. I wish the B1G would stop putting rivalry games at the end of the season. Much prefer to play Purdue in week 3 or 4. I know they could argue the same thing but gosh we go through a meat grinder every year. Even when we have a team good enough to beat MSU or Michigan we've usually been beaten up on by PSU or Ohio St so much we are just holding it together by a thread.

• Like 1