Transfer Portal(Players entering)

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And that should be tampering.. exactly what Dabo said the other day and he's exactly right. 

My guess is he has been talking to Purdue players that he’s close with and has found out the roster situation. Tough to enforce tampering when he could easily say he talked to a guy like Broc Thompson who helped him realize he should transfer there. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

My guess is he has been talking to Purdue players that he’s close with and has found out the roster situation. Tough to enforce tampering when he could easily say he talked to a guy like Broc Thompson who helped him realize he should transfer there. 

Ok, boiler. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He could easily say anything he wants.  Are you that naive or did you just come here to argue?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

He could easily say anything he wants.  Are you that naive or did you just come here to argue?

Neither actually. I hope Purdue coaches weren’t talking to him before he was officially in the portal tbh. That happened to us last year with a guy who transferred to MSU and it sucked. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Neither actually. I hope Purdue coaches weren’t talking to him before he was officially in the portal tbh. That happened to us last year with a guy who transferred to MSU and it sucked. 

It'll be weird for him beating PU, then getting beat by PU, then getting beat by IU. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It's a little slimy no matter how you slice it. The portal has opened a whole new disgusting can of worms.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue Fans: Indina (pu fans never know when to let a bad joke die) Sucks!!! POTFH!!! Little Brother!!!!! Irrelevant Program!!!!!!

IU Player Hits the Portal to find playing time: Great fit for us!!!! Love the get!!! He was their best RB, DL, CB!!!

Your “never has been” program and moronic fanbase are a total clown show

Edited by Hoosier82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Purdue Fans: Indina (pu fans never know when to let a bad joke die) Sucks!!! POTFH!!! Little Brother!!!!! Irrelevant Program!!!!!!

IU Player Hits the Portal to find playing time: Great fit for us!!!! Love the get!!! He was their best RB, DL, CB!!!

What was this before you edited it?

31 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I definitely didn’t think they were your best RB/DL/CB but rather that they’re going to provide some depth for Purdue. Pretty sure one of the main reasons Lewis transferred was because his cousin is a freshman on our squad and they wanted to play together. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I definitely didn’t think they were your best RB/DL/CB but rather that they’re going to provide some depth for Purdue. Pretty sure one of the main reasons Lewis transferred was because his cousin is a freshman on our squad and they wanted to play together. 

I assumed you didn’t…I was mocking your GBI fan forum and the overall attitudes of many of the Purdue fans I know. 

• Like 1

Transfers are a two way street. if you want to accept all of these incoming transfers you have to accept the outgoing ones too. Not taking away the fact this guy is a turdball for going to Purdue. I hope he gets an STD. kidding...kinda

Most of these kids arent going pro. That means they get 4 years. 4 more years to play. If they decide to transfer for whatever reason it may be. Playing time, closer to home, play with friends, overall experience, whatever. I dont knock these kids for trying to find something that they think will better suit them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

Transfers are a two way street. if you want to accept all of these incoming transfers you have to accept the outgoing ones too. Not taking away the fact this guy is a turdball for going to Purdue. I hope he gets an STD. kidding...kinda

Most of these kids arent going pro. That means they get 4 years. 4 more years to play. If they decide to transfer for whatever reason it may be. Playing time, closer to home, play with friends, overall experience, whatever. I dont knock these kids for trying to find something that they think will better suit them.

I don't think people have a problem with players transfering, it's when they transfer to a hated rival that the bitterness comes out. There are 125 division 1 FCS teams and 129 FBS football teams, but hey lets choose the one team my former schools fans will have a problem with. It's like a kick in the pants to them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I don't think people have a problem with players transfering, it's when they transfer to a hated rival that the bitterness comes out. There are 125 division 1 FCS teams and 129 FBS football teams, but hey lets choose the one team my former schools fans will have a problem with. It's like a kick in the pants to them.

I totally understand a kid staying home and with a team that is at the same level.  RT did great things for IU.  The kid gave up playing time and development his first year to be the backup qb.  He has been moved around on both sides of the ball.  Looks like he will have to compete next year for playing time, a good problem to have if you are IU.  For him, playing time is probably a priority and maybe more opportunity to run in the punt return game.  My thoughts without knowing the inside details.  

• Like 1