Transfer Portal(Players entering)

rico

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

I don't think people have a problem with players transfering, it's when they transfer to a hated rival that the bitterness comes out. There are 125 division 1 FCS teams and 129 FBS football teams, but hey lets choose the one team my former schools fans will have a problem with. It's like a kick in the pants to them.

I completely agree. Add in rumors that the rival made promises to him within minutes of him announcing he was in the portal and it gets worse. 

• Like 2

Does it suck...yes. Does the kid now have to go up against the guys he just walked out on and face them on the field...good luck to him. That said it's his life..it's short and you only got one ticket...enjoy it and do what you think is best. I don't agree with every decision but I honestly don't care. I'm sure he was highly recruited by Purdue to begin with...we have guys coming in so life will go on.

• Like 2

Coach Allen mentioned going after two qb's - been kind of quiet on this front.  Any chatter?  Going into the season wonder the feeling the staff has about Jack or Donovan being the leader of the room?  As we know, qb play is crucial to success and there is no clear plan as of right now.  Then again, coach said in the last press conference his goal for recruitment.  And, we know both qb's currently on the team were 4 star sought after kids.  Curious....

3 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Coach Allen mentioned going after two qb's - been kind of quiet on this front.  Any chatter?  Going into the season wonder the feeling the staff has about Jack or Donovan being the leader of the room?  As we know, qb play is crucial to success and there is no clear plan as of right now.  Then again, coach said in the last press conference his goal for recruitment.  And, we know both qb's currently on the team were 4 star sought after kids.  Curious....

Patience. Nothing is set in stone. There’s a plan but if they can add a guy from the portal like they want then that could change some things.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Patience. Nothing is set in stone. There’s a plan but if they can add a guy from the portal like they want then that could change some things.

I would think there will be more hit the portal after bowl games and the playoffs.  There definitely will be transfers after spring practices and guys see how things are shaking out with first team reps.  Save a scholarship,  don't reach,  and be ready when an opportunity arises.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I would think there will be more hit the portal after bowl games and the playoffs.  There definitely will be transfers after spring practices and guys see how things are shaking out with first team reps.  Save a scholarship,  don't reach,  and be ready when an opportunity arises.

Yeah once the bowl games and playoffs are over i think you will see another surge in transfers. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

If we go into spring practice with this QB room we will hope to go 2 and 9.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If we go into spring practice with this QB room we will hope to go 2 and 9.

The way Coach was talking, sounded like the staff had it figured out.  Wonder if the thought or still think the kid from Alabama that visited was the high school kid.  Is there others out there that would create competition?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

The way Coach was talking, sounded like the staff had it figured out.  Wonder if the thought or still think the kid from Alabama that visited was the high school kid.  Is there others out there that would create competition?

I figured he was referring to Bailey.  Others can correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t heard of other frosh?

Bailey was trending toward S Carolina but I didn’t see that he actually signed, right? They had recruited him before he committed to Oregon so that would be two windows where he could have committed to SC.  The early signing period is over.  If he didn’t sign, maybe he wasn’t all in yet.  It buys us time to go all in there.  It’s not over until the fat lady sings. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I figured he was referring to Bailey.  Others can correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t heard of other frosh?

Bailey was trending toward S Carolina but I didn’t see that he actually signed, right? They had recruited him before he committed to Oregon.  The early signing period is over.  If he didn’t sign, maybe he wasn’t all in yet.  It buys us time to go all in there.  It’s not over until the fat lady sings. 

Oh yeah. Long way to go there, idc if he commits to them tomorrow. You recruit him through Feb signing day. 

All is fair in love and war. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

They won’t be waiting until after spring practice. They’ll have at least one spot filled in February.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:30 PM, Fiveoutofsix said:

Anyone have any inside information on the status of us signing any quarterbacks?

Thank you

Just now, jefftheref said:

Anyone have any inside information on the status of us signing any quarterbacks?

Thank you

Wish I did. I do hope DM can have a productive offseason with his development.  He has some tools that were on display in limited play.  

Sounds like they are going to host some officials after the holidays.  It will be interesting to see who.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

Purdue had one enter yesterday...

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Romphf-46052178/

Was pretty telling that he didn’t get any snaps in our bowl game when we were down so many bodies at CB. Had to move a safety over to start at CB so the writing was def on the wall. That plus bringing in 3 CB’s via the portal you know?