Transfer Portal(Players entering)

rico

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

How does that work? Does the coaches salaries come out of CTA salary? Not sure what you mean by that?

He’s implying we don’t have the money to cut these guys loose and pay their buyouts; so if we want to get rid of them it has to come from Tom’s salary (like the 200k cut he took to get rid of Sheridan)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

He’s implying we don’t have the money to cut these guys loose and pay their buyouts; so if we want to get rid of them it has to come from Tom’s salary (like the 200k cut he took to get rid of Sheridan)

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

CTA took a pay cut to cover the remaining money that was owed to Sheridan. 

Thanks guys...didn't realize that. Makes sense. CTA has a huge buyout regardless so he is plenty safe. He can tinker for a few years before he get's into any real danger. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

CTA took a pay cut to cover the remaining money that was owed to Sheridan. 

I'm confused why this has bothered anyone? Not that it has you, just mentioning it. Surely there are a fair amount of universities that were bothered by Covid... is it really a big deal that a coach did that? 

Idk. When I heard that, I didn't blink an eye. I thought it was smart lol 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm confused why this has bothered anyone? Not that it has you, just mentioning it. Surely there are a fair amount of universities that were bothered by Covid... is it really a big deal that a coach did that? 

Idk. When I heard that, I didn't blink an eye. I thought it was smart lol 

Some people just like to complain about everything because they don't like CTA. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He has a very big/long throwing motion...to me he was able to make some big plays last year down the field but asking him to get his throw off under pressure or deliver accurate shorter passes...yeah he just hasn't ever been that kind of passer. Sometimes if your late to read a guy coming open by the time with that motion you get the pass off well...that's a disaster waiting to happen. His legs also were a big help in the past. He didn't have the time or the legs this year so it just kind of snowballed.

Never did figure out how to throw with touch either.  I should say that he’s a good kid, I’m just talking about not being a fan of his football skill set. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Never did figure out how to throw with touch either.  I should say that he’s a good kid, I’m just talking about not being a fan of his football skill set. 

Once he stopped or couldn't run anymore, he was limited. Neither our offensive line or are most good enough to let a quarterback sit in the pocket and dissect the defense. You have to make quick decisions or get out of the pocket and buy time. In all high level FB it's a bit unrealistic to think you can just sit in the pocket for 5 seconds. Based on some other feedback, it sounds like the scheme was as confusing to the players as much as anything. The line couldn't hold people and the WRs were not getting separation. Regardless, if you go 2-10, guys are going to leave. Penix was exciting when healthy and provided some of the best moments in IUFB in a loooooooooong time. I wish him nothing but the best (as long as he's not in the BIG). 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

On the subject of QBs, one name I heard that we might be interested in is former Utah QB…last name of Brewer.  He got beat out mid-season and hit the portal.  I have no idea if there is any truth but for the sake of conversation, anyone have any thoughts on him?

He got benched like 3 games into the season...before that he had been a starter at Baylor.  

And I would take him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

On the subject of QBs, one name I heard that we might be interested in is former Utah QB…last name of Brewer.  He got beat out mid-season and hit the portal.  I have no idea if there is any truth but for the sake of conversation, anyone have any thoughts on him?

IU supposedly took a look but haven’t heard anything serious. They’re likely be some names pop up before to long.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Former Iowa WR Tyrone Tracy Jr who is from Decatur Central has entered the transfer portal. 

Wanted him to begin with. It would make A LOT of sense for him to come back home. He can play. Although, what is his relationship to the Tracy that just transferred from IU?

Edited by btownqb