Agents/Recruits

Tiz10

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/video-of-lebron-james-in-la-may-reveal-how-early-agents-start-pursuing-prospects/amp/

Interesting article about top recruits and agents. If IU is gonna start recruiting the highest level prospects, and with Archie's inexperience with the one and done player type of recruiting, do we want this to impact the players he targets at IU? 

Archie needs to figure out how to recruit these types of kids without running afoul of the NCAA.  It's doable; his brother does it.  I bet most of the teams that have made the Final Four over the past decade have had at least one player on the roster who's "had a cup of coffee" with an agent, and almost all of the teams that are contending for the championship year in and year out definitely do.  

Cue the "But what about Villanova???" posts in 3, 2, 1...

Well, I finally had the time to read the article and have to say..."why the hell write that article?" All it did was point out that everything that was done was legal, that the best basketball players in the nation are targeted by agentes (duh) and that one agent uses his relationship with LeBron to build relationships with these top players.  

You would have to live in a cocoon to not know these things.  While this wasn't discussing  college recruiting, I am sure that Tom Crean used his relationship with Dwayne Wade to recruit.

Archived