Transfer Targets

DC2345

Let's hope it plays out well, but think about it...we add the two DT's, get Tevis, bring in Branden Jennings...We have Thomas, the end from Miami.  Plus we are after more recruits at end and DT.  Cooper Jones is coming along.  Others like hopefully Beau Robbins.  That could be a ton of juice added to our defensive front.   Could be a much more electric defensive front.  We lose McFadden but we added Jennings.  He is a veteran player..

The back end looks really good, needless to say.

I just hope we can fortify the offense similarly.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PAHoosier said:

To clarify, doesn’t look like he holds an offer but we’ve expressed interest.

with how god awful our O-Line id we should probably offer him 

2 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

To clarify, doesn’t look like he holds an offer but we’ve expressed interest.

with how god awful our O-Line id we should probably offer him 

Don’t be surprised if incoming freshman OL recruits don’t push for early playing time. I would like to see a transfer added as well though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Are we recruiting ANY offensive linemen??  Doesn't seem to be much talk regarding that area.  I guess if Hiller is staying then he's fine with our current personnel.   🙄

They’ve shown interest in some but don’t be surprised if a couple of the incoming freshman don’t push for playing time. Not to mention there are a couple guys that’ll be returning that should be improved based on maturity at the very least. Caleb Jones is gone to so that’ll help in itself.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They’ve shown interest in some but don’t be surprised if a couple of the incoming freshman don’t push for playing time. Not to mention there are a couple guys that’ll be returning that should be improved based on maturity at the very least. Caleb Jones is gone to so that’ll help in itself.

Not sure how I feel about relying on freshman on the O-Line. 

NEED some veteran guys who are proven.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Of the 3 true FR.. will any be on campus in Jan? 

I do agree about the younger guys- Carpenter, Sales, Benson, Holtz could absolutely unseat some incumbent starters. 

I will say, I need to go back and really watch the games to how everyone else played (Jones was evident he was awful). But.. Bedford was HM all league, so he has to be a solid a guard. 

Now.. if you think about the last two games, oddly enough, we ran the ball pretty darn well. 

Minnesota 140 yards and against Purdue our RBs were over 100 yards. Just saying OL is the ultimate "unit".. literally if one of them messes up a play, it will probably not end well. Especially when you're running with walkons 🤣

4 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Not sure how I feel about relying on freshman on the O-Line. 

NEED some veteran guys who are proven.

Bedford would absolutely fit that bill and I'd have to watch the film if Katic would.  

I dont overly agree that with have to have vets. We need a talent influx above all else. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Of the 3 true FR.. will any be on campus in Jan? 

I do agree about the younger guys- Carpenter, Sales, Benson, Holtz could absolutely unseat some incumbent starters. 

I will say, I need to go back and really watch the games to how everyone else played (Jones was evident he was awful). But.. Bedford was HM all league, so he has to be a solid a guard. 

Now.. if you think about the last two games, oddly enough, we ran the ball pretty darn well. 

Minnesota 140 yards and against Purdue our RBs were over 100 yards. Just saying OL is the ultimate "unit".. literally if one of them messes up a play, it will probably not end well. Especially when you're running with walkons 🤣

Jones, Powell & Katic were the problem from my vantage point. It was pretty ridiculous Katic or Powell started over Carpenter as it’s obvious to everyone including CTA that Carpenter is better. Bedford has always been a stud and Haggard was solid. Hopefully Sales is ready to go full time next year and we can find an opportunistic transfer, otherwise the two freshmen will have to learn on the fly. 

• Like 1