Transfer Targets

DC2345

29 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep, that’s how I’m reading it. It would be nice to pick up both Nix and Bailey.

While I have stated I think Tuttle has the tools to be good for IU I am absolutely a fan of competition breads success.  We also have no idea who is going to look best in the new offense so why not have an assortment of options.  As stated about Taylor who is running away I would prefer a player to see that competition and take it head on to drive them to succes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Bo Nix committed to Oregon. Not that he was ever a realistic option but his name was brought up some. 

That's interesting.  Part of the Bo Nix mystique was created his freshman year with the hail mary touchdown pass that helped Auburn beat Oregon. Talk about a serious culture and geographic change.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That's interesting.  Part of the Bo Nix mystique was created his freshman year with the hail mary touchdown pass that helped Auburn beat Oregon. Talk about a serious culture and geographic change.

From the espn article, he is following one of his old position coaches.  It helps to have connections for immediate possible impact.  Got to think Coach has his target locked in and soon we will know.  

• Like 1

Still staying optimistic on the QB front. Should know a lot more about what’s available once bowl games finish up and coaches have their final meetings with players and everyone knows where they stand on the depth chart.

IMO pretty easy pitch to a recruit that we’re looking for an immediate impact QB and all the offensive pieces to compete in arguably the deepest division in all of college football 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, Fiveoutofsix said:

Never watched him play, who would be a comparison?

2021 (Redshirt Junior): Made his first-career start at quarterback against FAU (Sept. 4)... Appearing in all twelve games this season, he was the starting quarterback in eleven… Completed 16-24 passes for a total of 163 yards and a touchdown, rushed for 23 yards on five attempts to move into third all-time in program history for  single-season rushing yards by a quarterback… Completed 20-of-32 passes for a total of 261 yards, caught a 6-yard pass for a touchdown, and rushed for 45 yards on 17 attempts against Missouri (Nov. 20)… Completed 28-of-34 passes for a total of 464 yards and six touchdowns and rushed for 86 yards and a touchdown on 10 attempts against Samford (Nov. 13)… Completed 17-of-30 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 26 yards on 11 attempts against South Carolina (Nov. 6)… Completed 10-of-14 passes for 112 yards and rushed for a total of 22 yards and one touchdown on 5 attempts against Georgia (Oct. 30)… Completed  12-of-19 passes for 161 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 16 yards on 10 carries against LSU (Oct. 16)… Completed 14-of-22 passes for 273 yards and four touchdowns and rushed five times for 40 yards against Vanderbilt (Oct. 9)… Completed 23-of-21 passes for 203 yards and one touchdown and rushed 13 times for a total of 63 yards against Kentucky (Oct. 2)… Completed 21-of-27 passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and rushed 15 times for total of 144 yards against Tennessee (Sept. 25)…  Completed 17-of-27 passes for 193 yards, eclipsed 1,000 career passing yards, and rushed 19 times for a total of 76 yards and one touchdown against Alabama (Sept. 18)… Completed 14-of-22 passes for 151 yards and one touchdown and rushed for a total of 89 yards on 13 attempts and one touchdown against South Florida (Sept. 11)… Completed 17-of-27 passes for 113 yards and one touchdown and rushed for 74 yards on ten attempts in season opener against Florida Atlantic… Named SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week following his performance vs. Tennessee and was named to the Davey O’Brien Great 8 Watch List following his performance against Vanderbilt… His accumulation of 550 total yards against Samford earns him the best single game performance by a Gator in program history.

Emory Jones

Watched him quite a bit down here. He split time with Richardson who was a Freshman...and built bigger and who might have been a more running threat. Not sure who to compare him to. Teddy Bridgewater kinda??  He was a solid qb...and would be a huge upgrade for us. I'll link a highlight reel for you. His game kinda fell off as the season did for Florida. Would be a huge upgrade and ready to play with plenty of experience for us. I like that he can run too. Basically just a good dual threat qb...not great..but would be what we hoped Penix would have been and for McCulley to turn into I'd say.

Edited by dgambill