Transfer Targets

DC2345

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Just watched this video on, (recent transfer portal) Ol' Miss QB, John Plumlee. I believe IU is showing interest. Don't know how much. He would be a nice pick up.

Ā 

If we are showing interest on a QB that just entered the portal, that worries me.

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Not meā€¦. If this guy is an upgrade from some of the other potential IU QB targets, then so be it! Get the best you can getā€¦

Not my point, I would take him as well. My point is we must be in bad shape with other QB's out there if we are jumping in now on a WR to play QB here.

38 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not my point, I would take him as well. My point is we must be in bad shape with other QB's out there if we are jumping in now on a WR to play QB here.

Not reallyā€¦. Coach Allen just may be recognizing talent. Maybe he wants to play WR if possible or more playing time in general. The IU baseball thing might be the ā€œace in the holeā€ if he thatā€™s his desire too.

Yes, he can run but does anyone know if he is an effective passer?Ā  Matt Corral beating him out is understandable as he may be a first round pick.Ā  He may have just moved to receiver as a way to get him on the field but he obviously wants to play QB.Ā  But Allen says "dual threat" means you can throw too.Ā  We can't have another season where 3rd and 5 felt like 3rd and 15.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

The only transfer QBā€™s that I know IU has had contact with that are still available are Casey Thompson, Cameron Ward, Zach Calzada, andĀ Connor Bazelak. Emory Jones still hasnā€™t officially entered the portal and I donā€™t know that he would actually be a target even if he did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The only transfer QBā€™s that I know IU has had contact with that are still available are Casey Thompson, Cameron Ward, Zach Calzada, andĀ Connor Bazelak. Emory Jones still hasnā€™t officially entered the portal and I donā€™t know that he would actually be a target even if he did.

Those are all great options. Zach Calzada would be a huge upgrade, simply because he has experience going up against and beating the best in the country and you canā€™t put a price on that. Cam Ward while a bit of a wildcard is getting a lot of Lamar Jackson comparisons and thereā€™s little thatā€™s more exciting than that. Hereā€™s to hoping Coach Allen can land one or the other

• Like 2