Transfer Targets

DC2345

26 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Those are all great options. Zach Calzada would be a huge upgrade, simply because he has experience going up against and beating the best in the country and you can’t put a price on that. Cam Ward while a bit of a wildcard is getting a lot of Lamar Jackson comparisons and there’s little that’s more exciting than that. Here’s to hoping Coach Allen can land one or the other

Of these guys, Bazelak is probably the most likely. 

11 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Of these guys, Bazelak is probably the most likely. 

6'3 212, had a 65% completion percentage with 16 TD and 11 INT in 2021.  Was a four star recruit in high school.  Good experience having been in the SEC.  Not sure if he has one or two years of eligibility.  With normal progression, he could be solid.  CTA emphasizes turnover margin to a rabid degree so we would want him get the INT's way down and the TD's up. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

6'3 212, had a 65% completion percentage with 16 TD and 11 INT in 2021.  Was a four star recruit in high school.  Good experience having been in the SEC.  Not sure if he has one or two years of eligibility.  With normal progression, he could be solid.  CTA emphasizes turnover margin to a rabid degree so we would want him get the INT's way down and the TD's up. 

He should have 2 I think. Redshirt in 2019, played in 2020 and 2021. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The Missouri QB is taking a visit and the Clemson’s Phommachanh

Had a feeling Bazelak would be visiting. Hadn't heard Phommachanh mentioned prior to today so that is interesting. Interesting that they are different types of QB's as well. Calzada could still be in the mix as well. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I heard he might be visiting sometime this week and then Weaver just said he'd heard the same. If he visits we'll see what happens. 

I read he's supposed to visit Auburn this weekend. Gentleman's wager says we'll have an addition to the QB room by Sunday evening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It seems like we keep bumping into the same other schools.  I called it musical chairs.  Each school only has one starting job open.  So, once a school gets their guy, it opens up the next guy, etc.  Hopefully when the music stops, we get a great fit for us.  Fingers crossed.  

I like that analogy 😁

• Like 1