Transfer Targets

DC2345

1 hour ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Is this guy an upgrade over McCulley and Tuttle?

Seems like Missouri fans didn’t think much of him

I guess he can't run very fast and his deep ball is not very accurate.  Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over Tuttle.

I thought Bell liked dual threat QBs for his offense.  Maybe McCulley is still the likely starter and this was just a depth signing.

Watching a few of his highlight, yes i know you can't take much from them, but he seems to have pretty good composure in the pocket with a decent arm, also while not the fastest player he isn't Manning or Brady slow.

Looks like a pretty good pickup.

Edited by Hoosier51

11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Still think we could benefit from another dual threat QB. Just don’t see him getting enough time in the pocket to show all his skills. 

Hopefully our depth at RB and upgrading to more speedy receivers will help offset our weak OL. 

Did you have someone in mind when you mention dual threat QB?  I have no clue how many dual threat QBs were/are available in the portal?  

14 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Still think we could benefit from another dual threat QB. Just don’t see him getting enough time in the pocket to show all his skills. 

Hopefully our depth at RB and upgrading to more speedy receivers will help offset our weak OL. 

We have two dual threat guys, now. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Coach Kevin Wright just tweeted out...we're not quite done yet. Assuming Myles Jackson from UCLA?

I wonder if we’d take Jackson AND Casey.  Maybe one goes to bull and one to LB?  Just a guess.   Micah is going pro and as far as I know we are waiting on Cam Jones.  With Jennings in, we might still need another, considering we also lost Williams and Miller to the portal.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I guess he can't run very fast and his deep ball is not very accurate.  Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over Tuttle.

I thought Bell liked dual threat QBs for his offense.  Maybe McCulley is still the likely starter and this was just a depth signing.

That is not the case. All you have to do is listen to Tom Allen at the end of the year on McCulley.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wonder if we’d take Jackson AND Casey.  Maybe one goes to bull and one to LB?  Just a guess.   Micah is going pro and as far as I know we are waiting on Cam Jones.  With Jennings in, we might still need another, considering we also lost Williams and Miller to the portal.  

You take anyone better than what you have if you want to play with the big boys. If half the team transfers then so be it. 2-9 says so.

Regarding QB, I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on Connor Bazelak.  But, based on stats, rankings, and a few clips, it’s obvious that he’s further along than Tuttle and McCulley.  

Conor has a good completion percentage and good experience.  He threw 11 picks and Allen would probably like to see that cut in half.  But with the good experience he has had, there is a good chance he will get better.  Maybe that 16 TD/11 INT ratio goes to 20 to 6.  That would be stellar and not a crazy ask for a younger guy who is still developing. 

I loved what Tuttle did in the game at Wisconsin in 2020 that we won.  But this year, he had some WTF throws and still has an opportunity to get a lot better. I think there is some toughness with this kid.  

McCulley is obviously talented but he essentially couldn’t complete a pass late in the year.  That’s when Allen said dual threat meant you have to throw too.  He’s got to learn anticipation, timing, and reading defenses.  I’d love to find a way to redshirt him and let him get bigger and smarter.  

Do they let you play in four or less games and redshirt any year, or only as a true freshman?  That would be a heck of an opportunity for McCulley because he has some developing to do. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Regarding QB, I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on Connor Bazelak.  But, based on stats, rankings, and a few clips, it’s obvious that he’s further along than Tuttle and McCulley.  

Conor has a good completion percentage and good experience.  He threw 11 picks and Allen would probably like to see that cut in half.  But with the good experience he has had, there is a good chance he will get better.  Maybe that 16 TD/11 INT ratio goes to 20 to 6.  That would be stellar and not a crazy ask for a younger guy who is still developing. 

I loved what Tuttle did in the game at Wisconsin in 2020 that we won.  But this year, he had some WTF throws and still has an opportunity to get a lot better. I think there is some toughness with this kid.  

McCulley is obviously talented but he essentially couldn’t complete a pass late in the year.  That’s when Allen said dual threat meant you have to throw too.  He’s got to lean anticipation, timing, and reading defenses.  I’d love to find a way to redshirt him and let him get bigger and smarter.  

Do they let you play in four or less games and redshirt any year, or only as a true freshman?  That would be a heck of an opportunity for McCulley because he has some developing to do. 

Yes, he can technically RS at any point. I'm not so sure he isn't our goal line package RB, next year, essentially. I think he needs to be on the field, in some capacity. 

• Like 1