Transfer Targets

DC2345

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Once again the Warren news didn’t derail anything here either. I really think they’ve known he was making the move internally for a little while so it likely wasn’t a shock

I think this also speaks to the foundation that Coach Allen has built. Position coaches and coordinators can go, but it's his vision of what Indiana Football can be that is bringing these transfers in. That's huge.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

With classes starting this week is it fair to say IU is done w the transfers?  Are there any other names floating around?

No, we could still get some in May. More than likely a grad transfer at that point, but yeah. 

Maybe we are done with adding players, but just saying we COULD get more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

No, we could still get some in May. More than likely a grad transfer at that point, but yeah. 

Maybe we are done with adding players, but just saying we COULD get more. 

Any idea of the open scholarship numbers? With the covid year I can’t keep it even close to straight 

12 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

With classes starting this week is it fair to say IU is done w the transfers?  Are there any other names floating around?

No, there could be a surprise addition or 2. They are also looking at QB’s still if they have at least 4 years left. It’s either that or a HS kid to fill out that room. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/6/2022 at 2:50 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Regarding QB, I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on Connor Bazelak.  But, based on stats, rankings, and a few clips, it’s obvious that he’s further along than Tuttle and McCulley.  

Conor has a good completion percentage and good experience.  He threw 11 picks and Allen would probably like to see that cut in half.  But with the good experience he has had, there is a good chance he will get better.  Maybe that 16 TD/11 INT ratio goes to 20 to 6.  That would be stellar and not a crazy ask for a younger guy who is still developing. 

I loved what Tuttle did in the game at Wisconsin in 2020 that we won.  But this year, he had some WTF throws and still has an opportunity to get a lot better. I think there is some toughness with this kid.  

McCulley is obviously talented but he essentially couldn’t complete a pass late in the year.  That’s when Allen said dual threat meant you have to throw too.  He’s got to learn anticipation, timing, and reading defenses.  I’d love to find a way to redshirt him and let him get bigger and smarter.  

Do they let you play in four or less games and redshirt any year, or only as a true freshman?  That would be a heck of an opportunity for McCulley because he has some developing to do. 

I am a big Tuttle fan.  Kid played hurt a lot this year and grinded for IU unlike some other QBs on the team.  I think a healthy Tuttle with a good Oline makes smarter passes.  I am very intrigued on what he and Connor will look like.  The spring game should be a good first watch of what the team has.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:29 AM, DC2345 said:

No, there could be a surprise addition or 2. They are also looking at QB’s still if they have at least 4 years left. It’s either that or a HS kid to fill out that room. 

The Mizzu kid they signed has 3 years left. Whats the big deal about getting a freshmen now? Seems to me they dont think the kid from Indy will develop.