Transfer Targets

DC2345

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

2021 (Redshirt Junior): Made his first-career start at quarterback against FAU (Sept. 4)... Appearing in all twelve games this season, he was the starting quarterback in eleven… Completed 16-24 passes for a total of 163 yards and a touchdown, rushed for 23 yards on five attempts to move into third all-time in program history for  single-season rushing yards by a quarterback… Completed 20-of-32 passes for a total of 261 yards, caught a 6-yard pass for a touchdown, and rushed for 45 yards on 17 attempts against Missouri (Nov. 20)… Completed 28-of-34 passes for a total of 464 yards and six touchdowns and rushed for 86 yards and a touchdown on 10 attempts against Samford (Nov. 13)… Completed 17-of-30 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 26 yards on 11 attempts against South Carolina (Nov. 6)… Completed 10-of-14 passes for 112 yards and rushed for a total of 22 yards and one touchdown on 5 attempts against Georgia (Oct. 30)… Completed  12-of-19 passes for 161 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 16 yards on 10 carries against LSU (Oct. 16)… Completed 14-of-22 passes for 273 yards and four touchdowns and rushed five times for 40 yards against Vanderbilt (Oct. 9)… Completed 23-of-21 passes for 203 yards and one touchdown and rushed 13 times for a total of 63 yards against Kentucky (Oct. 2)… Completed 21-of-27 passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and rushed 15 times for total of 144 yards against Tennessee (Sept. 25)…  Completed 17-of-27 passes for 193 yards, eclipsed 1,000 career passing yards, and rushed 19 times for a total of 76 yards and one touchdown against Alabama (Sept. 18)… Completed 14-of-22 passes for 151 yards and one touchdown and rushed for a total of 89 yards on 13 attempts and one touchdown against South Florida (Sept. 11)… Completed 17-of-27 passes for 113 yards and one touchdown and rushed for 74 yards on ten attempts in season opener against Florida Atlantic… Named SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week following his performance vs. Tennessee and was named to the Davey O’Brien Great 8 Watch List following his performance against Vanderbilt… His accumulation of 550 total yards against Samford earns him the best single game performance by a Gator in program history.

Emory Jones

Watched him quite a bit down here. He split time with Richardson who was a Freshman...and built bigger and who might have been a more running threat. Not sure who to compare him to. Teddy Bridgewater kinda??  He was a solid qb...and would be a huge upgrade for us. I'll link a highlight reel for you. His game kinda fell off as the season did for Florida. Would be a huge upgrade and ready to play with plenty of experience for us. I like that he can run too. Basically just a good dual threat qb...not great..but would be what we hoped Penix would have been and for McCulley to turn into I'd say.

I think I would be very very happy if IU could convince this young man to come to Bloomington.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Hoosierdave said:

I’d be happy if he came too. Frankly, we need a QB who is comfortable running. OL is the clear weak link so having someone who can extend plays and make the defense worry about big runs when they apply pressure is crucial. 

Agree. And can take a hit. What I do like about McCulley is he looks to be better built that Penix. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely he is and no question quicker in a box. I think McCulley has Kellen Lewis type abilities, if he can play free. 

My comment was kinda lame. I actually liked a lot of what I saw. Well built, nice throwing motion, fluid running style (like he won't blow out a knee), seems to have have a strong arm and more. He basically just seemed unprepared, overwhelmed, and afraid to let it loose. At times you could sense he was throwing with too much touch (opposite of Penix) instead of just firing away. I really hope he stays because he is oozing with potential. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

35 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I’m sure he’d consider Indiana. He’s also from Ohio, so he’s be closer to home. 

He started a majority of their games the last two years.  Got injured this year and when he came back he struggled in their last two games.  Coach chose to play a red shirt freshman in their bowl game and Bazelak is moving on.  He has three years of eligibility per the article I read, but who can keep those things straight.  I did see that he tore his acl during his freshman year.  Not sure what everyone thinks of that.  Sounds like he could be Peyton Ramsey 2.0 perhaps.  Won the Ohio Division III state championship his junior year at Kettering Archbishop Alter hs.  If he's interested in IU, then I'd certainly give him a close look.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

He started a majority of their games the last two years.  Got injured this year and when he came back he struggled in their last two games.  Coach chose to play a red shirt freshman in their bowl game and Bazelak is moving on.  He has three years of eligibility per the article I read, but who can keep those things straight.  I did see that he tore his acl during his freshman year.  Not sure what everyone thinks of that.  Sounds like he could be Peyton Ramsey 2.0 perhaps.  Won the Ohio Division III state championship his junior year at Kettering Archbishop Alter hs.  If he's interested in IU, then I'd certainly give him a close look.

I’d take a  Peyton Ramsey 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

UCLA transfer Myles Jackson set his Indiana visit for the first week in January

BB5CB866-023B-49A1-BD4E-C5380D2CC7F0.jpeg

Nice.  Allen said he wanted another bull.  I assume that’s his spot.  Maybe Branden Jennings is going back to Maryland. It’s obvious Allen wants more there.  

I will say that one bright spot this year was Handy. He got some pressures and showed promise.  I won’t be surprised if he takes it to the next level.  He looks slim but he he has a knack for rushing the passer.  His injury hurt. I think he’s a good player.