2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ever notice on the news, when they talk about offers, they almost always say IU & Purdue, not Purdue & IU.   From the clip, it appears he has nice handles for a non-guard.  

https://www.14news.com/2022/01/27/heritage-hills-basketball-phenom-trent-sisley-getting-noticed-freshman/

Just glad to be mentioned 

most our recruits/players  are guys you don’t want 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Just glad to be mentioned 

most our recruits/players  are guys you don’t want 

I was super-disappointed about the kid from the New Albany area last year, but right now, I can't remember is name.  I can only remember that the last name was hyphenated...Trey Kaufman-Renn...there it is.  I honestly could not recall it for about five minutes as I started this post, which is crazy considering how invested I was when IU was recruiting him.  Hopefully he doesn't pour salt in the wound later by becoming an IU killer.  I'll be fine with how it all played out if he ends up just being a decent role player, but if he starts dropping 20+ against IU, that will suck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would anyone who's seen much of Sisley compare him to a Gordon Hayward type player? I know Hayward was more of a late bloomer and wasn't on the AAU circuit as much due to his tennis career but some of the things I've seen written about Sisley (guard skills with good size) make me think of Hayward as a player.  Again, I've only seen some highlights.  

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, FKIM01 said:

I was super-disappointed about the kid from the New Albany area last year, but right now, I can't remember is name.  I can only remember that the last name was hyphenated...Trey Kaufman-Renn...there it is.  I honestly could not recall it for about five minutes as I started this post, which is crazy considering how invested I was when IU was recruiting him.  Hopefully he doesn't pour salt in the wound later by becoming an IU killer.  I'll be fine with how it all played out if he ends up just being a decent role player, but if he starts dropping 20+ against IU, that will suck.

I hope UL stays a dumpster fire… been nice for IU and Purdue to get kids out of their backyard the last few years… Romeo, Rondale and Trey. Would rather see IU get Sisley than the river rats. 

• KDB changed the title to 2025 PF Trent Sisley
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, FKIM01 said:

I honestly could not recall (his name) for about five minutes as I started this post, which is crazy considering how invested I was when IU was recruiting him.

I'm the same way with J.R. Konieczny, who went to Notre Dame.  I thought he was perfect tall sniper for IU.  Really wanted him to sign with us.

He averaged 1.6 points per game.

He may end up being great.  We'll see.  He did shoot 5 for 6 from the field for the season, for 83%.

I thought Matt Cross was perfect for IU, too. 

Actually, I have a long list of guys I hoped would sign with us, but didn't, and it was for the best.

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2022 at 8:22 PM, Madison22 said:

I'm the same way with J.R. Konieczny, who went to Notre Dame.  I thought he was perfect tall sniper for IU.  Really wanted him to sign with us.

He averaged 1.6 points per game.

He may end up being great.  We'll see.  He did shoot 5 for 6 from the field for the season, for 83%.

I thought Matt Cross was perfect for IU, too. 

Actually, I have a long list of guys I hoped would sign with us, but didn't, and it was for the best.

Abraham Moses?!

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Great to get an early visit from a 2025 prospect

I believe he is going to PU around the same time. He has 3 visits planned so far. We are in a good spot on JUly 19th but this one has a long way to go and I expect some of Duke, UK, UNC and KU getting involved more so as it progresses

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I know they’re both gonna be sophs, but are they even close to making a decision? Likely 1 1/2 -2 years? 

It wont be anytime soon for sure. Just making good impressions and being in early is big. Sisley was at PU yesterday so making that strong impression will go a long way in this recruitment. I expect all the big boys to be involved before its all said and done. 

25 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I know they’re both gonna be sophs, but are they even close to making a decision? Likely 1 1/2 -2 years? 

Here's what I know for the elite of elite players. At some point each and every one of them have explored can they class up or graduate early. Good friend of ours kid is trying to do this but in golf. He's entering his junior year and Xavier is outlining what he needs to do to graduate early.

Sisley has been playing against older competition and playing phenomenal the past couple of years in AAU. He or Haralson would be the poster childs for what Lander tried to do...only difference is these guys games are much, much further along.