Jackson State Game Thread

Inequality

Just now, dgambill said:

I don’t want those memories. I think he has a little more talent…but but certainly he isn’t as refined as I’d like.

I think we’re gonna have to live with plays like that bungled fast break. It’s a trade off I can live with if he produces like what he gave us in the first half (8/5/1 on 4/5 shooting with 1 TO).  

Plus that first step burst is going to be big when the offense slows down and we need someone to create. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

Umm they were picked to finish second in their league.

….sure ok. That means nothing to me. I’m not trying to disperage them but they are not good at all. Look at how they’ve played this year and not just what someone decided off of what they looked like on paper. I mean they got spanked by California Baptist dude.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They are 0-4.  I don't think they are going to be good....

That was kind of an ugly half but this is just one of those blah types of games you see at this time of year.  You are supposed to win, the students are out so not the same energy, and it is right before a break.  We basically slept walked to an almost 20 point lead at the half.

But after this year we need to upgrade the non-conference schedule...

Have at least a couple of more P6 teams on the schedule...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

….sure ok. That means nothing to me. I’m not trying to disperage them but they are not good at all. Look at how they’ve played this year and not just what someone decided off of what they looked like on paper. I mean they got spanked by California Baptist dude.

Man it's no big deal. The Hoosiers didn't play a great first half, but they are still up 17 and after the last couple of seasons i will take it with a new coaching staff ok. I guess some people always look to be negative.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

But after this year we need to upgrade the conference schedule...

Have at least a couple of more P6 teams on the schedule...

Agree, but I can understand the thought process of getting some easy ones in here to work out the kinks for a new staff and a bunch of new faces on the court.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Man it's no big deal. The Hoosiers didn't play a great first half, but they are still up 17 and after the last couple of seasons i will take it with a new coaching staff ok. I guess some people always look to be negative.

Not being negative at all, but that was a sloppy 1st half by the Hoosiers.

Gotta clean things up, poor FT shooting, turnovers.

Surely you agree?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Man it's no big deal. The Hoosiers didn't play a great first half, but they are still up 17 and after the last couple of seasons i will take it with a new coaching staff ok.

Sorry didn’t mean to sound like a d!ck. Just it was an ugly half of ball and I hate excuses. Just like to see us take some pride and execute like a proud program. Handle our business. Come out and play like we did against St Johns even. Just hate how sloppy it was.

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Yeah, should have scheduled Butler.

I don't think you would see that because of the Crossroads.

We are going to get a Big East team most years, we will have an ACC team and I think if we start winning we will be seeing more Duke and UNC than Florida State and Syracuse in the future.  Get out of the Crossroads and get another P6 team there and you are on the way to a pretty good schedule.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't think you would see that because of the Crossroads.

We are going to get a Big East team most years, we will have an ACC team and I think if we start winning we will be seeing more Duke and UNC than Florida State and Syracuse in the future.  Get out of the Crossroads and get another P6 team there and you are on the way to a pretty good schedule.

Nah, should have scheduled Butler...power conference team and a cupcake rolled into 1 game.