Off-Season

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just got to talk to Anthony Thompson for a bit. That was pretty cool. I'm at the IU Butler baseball game at Victory Field. 

I thought it was pretty cool he was willing to talk my wife and I for 5 or 10 mins. 

Never had a chance to meet him but from everything I've heard about him....your encounter isn't unusual. Very normal grounded guy, average joe type are the words I used to describe him.

Hope you guys had fun at game...wish this darn weather would settle into normal.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Never had a chance to meet him but from everything I've heard about him....your encounter isn't unusual. Very normal grounded guy, average joe type are the words I used to describe him.

Hope you guys had fun at game...wish this darn weather would settle into normal.

haha cold as heck man! 

AT was pretty cool. Loved the experience! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just got to talk to Anthony Thompson for a bit. That was pretty cool. I'm at the IU Butler baseball game at Victory Field. 

I thought it was pretty cool he was willing to talk my wife and I for 5 or 10 mins. 

Watching him as a kid, I almost took for granted how dominant he was.  On the goal line, he was going over the top for a score, much like Walter Payton. I just thought that was normal. Great to know he is a solid guy.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

That's awesome.  In my mind, he was the best football player in IU history.  Great, great football player.

I played ball with him once and choked and didn't talk to him.  He was very nice in the game though.  As you may know, he was extremely highly recruited.  If the internet rankings existed then, he was one of the best players in the country.  Unlike a lot of in-state guys over the years, he went to IU when he could have gone literally anywhere.  And the benefit is he has been a major legend here.  I doubt he regrets it for a second.  They won some big games in his time, including against OSU and UM.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

On 4/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, Artesian_86 said:

When I see a new guy in the transfer portal, especially in football, I just look at it as someone just out hustled, out worked and just plain, beat out of the position.... Some of these guys are having a real hard time not being the standout player, like in high school. That's just the nature of the business. 

Exactly…Chris Ballard talked about it with Colin Cowheard and he summed up my feelings exactly. Go to 25:20 mark…even discusses Tom Brady and how staying at Michigan probably helped mold him into the man he became.

IU's social media team is doing a fantastic job.

I do have a small nitpick with their "committed" templates.

The area where they have the states, it's always the previous state on top with arrows pointing down to Indiana. Now, as we read, top to bottom, left to right, this makes sense...

BUT, I would like to see the state of INDIANA larger and the other states smaller and underneath pointing UP -- most of the time is make sense geographically, but also it can help subliminally with perception. Players are moving UP to come to IU. Who cares that they were at Tennessee or Alabama; they are at IU now, which is an UPGRADE.*

*It's all marketing anyways.

Ok, end of silly rant. Still great work.

22 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

IU's social media team is doing a fantastic job.

I do have a small nitpick with their "committed" templates.

The area where they have the states, it's always the previous state on top with arrows pointing down to Indiana. Now, as we read, top to bottom, left to right, this makes sense...

BUT, I would like to see the state of INDIANA larger and the other states smaller and underneath pointing UP -- most of the time is make sense geographically, but also it can help subliminally with perception. Players are moving UP to come to IU. Who cares that they were at Tennessee or Alabama; they are at IU now, which is an UPGRADE.*

*It's all marketing anyways.

Ok, end of silly rant. Still great work.

probably could shoot iu dept the email

sptmarkt@indiana.edu (sports marketing email)

Kevin Van Rooy Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations/Director of the Varsity Club kvanrooy@indiana.edu (812) 856-1489
Mark Skirvin Senior Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing mskirvin@indiana.edu (812) 856-1401
Kelley Bates Senior Director of Marketing kelbates@iu.edu (812) 856-3189
Robert Williams Associate Director of Marketing rw21@indiana.edu (812) 855-4488
Adam Day Assistant Director of Marketing acday@indiana.edu (812) 855-7602
Ashton Stewart Assistant Director of Marketing ashbstew@iu.edu (812) 855-7034
Mack Nesbit Intern mnesbit@iu.edu  
Tyler Young Intern youngtya@iu.edu

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, PAHoosier said:

Could be a huge 6’5” target

I’m all for setting this kid up for success at whatever position makes that possible but this doesn’t exactly set IUFB up for the future. If Bazelak doesn’t want a 5th year, transfers, gets hurt, we have no one to take over the helm for 2023. Seems like the risk/reward really isn’t there. Hopefully CB has indicated to the staff that he’s here for at least one more year even if he doesn’t beat out Tuttle this season and we can recruit a top QB talent for 2023. 

8 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

I’m all for setting this kid up for success at whatever position makes that possible but this doesn’t exactly set IUFB up for the future. If Bazelak doesn’t want a 5th year, transfers, gets hurt, we have no one to take over the helm for 2023. Seems like the risk/reward really isn’t there. Hopefully CB has indicated to the staff that he’s here for at least one more year even if he doesn’t beat out Tuttle this season and we can recruit a top QB talent for 2023. 

Doesn't this position change likely mean Dexter Williams (a redshirt sophomore who was injured last season) was in front of McCulley on the depth chart and is next in line?  

Edited by DougWil