Off-Season

14 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I honestly appreciated his statement.  He acknowledged what happened, was transparent, and was willing to accept responsibility.  But should this incident cost him his job?  Are there other means of accepting responsibility without losing the job (for coaches or other professions)?  I really struggle to say yes to that if it was a one time offense.  Fair disclosure: I have no idea if there have been other occurrences or if this was a first time offense.  

All I know is there are tons of people coming to his support. Words are words to me, and he was reading off an ipad. So confusing. 

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Have you heard...have there been any other issues with him?  Even unrelated ones?  Maybe this was a final straw kind of thing?

No I haven't, that's why I am posting what I am confused. I have searched high and low and can't find anything. Mixon wrote and entire letter in his support. 

• Thanks 1

I know this may be dated, but I've been getting so amped up about this upcoming season. Forgive me if it has already been posted, but I found this Shaun Shivers highlight video when he was at Auburn. I just needed to get a taste what he could potentially do at IU. The only thing is, can our O-line sustain enough of a crack or hole for him to get through. Time will tell. As for Shaun, if the O-line can do it's job, Shaun will sure be fun to watch this year! let's hope so......

Go IU!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know this may be dated, but I've been getting so amped up about this upcoming season. Forgive me if it has already been posted, but I found this Shaun Shiver highlight video when he was at Auburn. I just needed to get a taste what he could potentially do at IU. The only thing is, can our O-line sustain enough of a crack or hole for him to get through. Time will tell. As for Shaun, if the O-line can do it's job, Shaun will sure be fun to watch this year! let's hope so......

Go IU!

Check what the RG does on the very first play... 

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

I know!!!! I saw that specific clip of him popping a guys helmet off. He’s a human “Bulldozer” and that’s why I wanted to see more of what he can do!! I loved what Shivers said in one of the IU write ups….

"I always tell our defense, 'Be ready, because you never know when I'm going to drop you.'"

Edited by Artesian_86

58 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know!!!! I saw that specific clip of him popping a guys helmet off. He’s a human “Bulldozer” and that’s why I wanted to see more of what he can do!! I loved what he said in one of the IU write ups….Something like( not exact word)….”I tell my IU defense, be ready cuz I’m plan on going right through you!”

Right guard false pulled 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

yeah that hasn’t been happening here…not the one when the left tackle turned his man and opened up a huge lane. We are a long way from having those kinds of lanes for our backs. Hope he is prepared to be met in the hole if not having one or two defenders in the backfield on every play. Gonna have to be a one cut and get downhill fast sorta runner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

yeah that hasn’t been happening here…not the one when the left tackle turned his man and opened up a huge lane. We are a long way from having those kinds of lanes for our backs. Hope he is prepared to be met in the hole if not having one or two defenders in the backfield on every play. Gonna have to be a one cut and get downhill fast sorta runner.

Right guard false pulled.

Good press conference by Allen after the first scrimmage. If you have 15 min., he gives a good synopsis of where we are.  Discusses some players too. 

Few tidbits off the top of my head

-Katic, Bedford, and Haggard are bigger and stronger.  Sounds like Carpenter at center.  
-He also mentioned Tim Weaver and Khalil Benson as getting better.  
-Loves McCulley with the ball in his hands.  I could not agree more.  He ran with as much  authority as any freshman QB I can remember.  Tough guy with the ball in his hands. He doesn’t hold back. 
-Omar is a freshman but he is starting to get it a little bit. I got the sense that he’s playing Iike a freshman but he’s got a ton of promise. 
-Jacquez Green is nicked. I think he said a hammy. 
-He loves Cam Camper at receiver. Sounds like we really got a good one. 
-Other than DJ I get the sense that Allen wanted to overhaul the receiver room.  He wants big plays so you don’t have to constantly rely on 12 or so plays per drive when so many things can go wrong.  
-On defense he said some young guys are starting to come on and he specifically mentioned Beau Robbins.  
-Loves Tevis on the d line.  He’s an MBA student (with Allen’s son) and still able to juggle football. I think Tevis will move around. 
-He mentioned that he thought our D line was too light last year. He mentioned the two Ole Miss transfers as giving us more mass at tackle. I think they will rotate in behind Elliott and Sio.  I bet Tevis will kick inside at times too.  
-He loves Barner at TE. We’ve heard that over and over.  Bomba is doing well as a guy with size.  I think he’s a good blocking TE.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good press conference by Allen after the first scrimmage. If you have 15 min., he gives a good synopsis of where we are.  Discusses some players too. 

-Katic, Bedford, and Haggard are bigger and stronger.  Sounds like Carpenter at center.  
-Loves McCulley with the ball in his hands.  I could not agree more.  He ran with as much  authority as any freshman QB I can remember.  Tough guy with the ball in his hands. He doesn’t hold back. 
-Omar is a freshman but he is starting to get it a little bit. I got the sense that he’s playing Iike a freshman but he’s got a ton of promise. 
-Other than DJ I get the sense that Allen wanted to overhaul the receiver room.  He wants big plays so you don’t have to constantly rely on 12 or so plays per drive when so many things can go wrong.  
-On defense he said some young guys are starting to come on and he specifically mentioned Beau Robbins.  
-Loves Tevis on the d line.  He’s an MBA student (with Allen’s son) and still able to juggle football. I think Tevis will move around. 
-He mentioned that he thought our D line was too light last year. He mentioned the two Ole Miss transfers as giving us more mass at tackle. I think they will rotate in behind Elliott and Sio.  I bet Tevis will kick inside at times too.  
-He loves Barner at TE. We’ve heard that over and over.  Bomba is doing well as a guy with size.  I think he’s a good blocking TE.  

Awesome. Thank you.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great summary. This gets me so fired up. Let's go Hoosiers!!

• Thanks 1

Some nice stories and videos on the website of @The Daily Hoosier

Looks like the D line will have some greater depth.  Heard a few mention the new pass rush techniques being learned. 

Optimistic our WRs and TEs will be much more productive this year.  

Would love to get off to a good start and reinstill some confidence by soundly beating IL

• Like 3