Off-Season

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Who knows, maybe he is blackmailing Tom lol

Read a tweet saying Ohio State might being hiring Justin Frye?  Why has it been so difficult to bring back this former Hoosier captain?  

Also, like said above, read that the DC and DL changes have been orchestrated and part of the plan.  If true, makes sense as the D was not exhibiting the Allen identity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Read a tweet saying Ohio State might being hiring Justin Frye?  Why has it been so difficult to bring back this former Hoosier captain?  

Also, like said above, read that the DC and DL changes have been orchestrated and part of the plan.  If true, makes sense as the D was not exhibiting the Allen identity.

If that was the plan then why wait so long after the season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Honestly, I think IU is better off that Warren left. I think Tom Allen will get someone with recruiting ties and he’ll take over the defense. 

I don’t know what his buyout was and this is purely a guess, but I think CTA told him “This isn’t working out but we can’t afford to pay your buyout. Therefore if you want to jump ship, go ahead and we’ll let you leave because we don’t plan to resign you after next season.” There’s zero chance UNC/Warren paid to get out of his contract when they already have Gene Chizik. For Warren, this is a demotion and almost definitely a pay cut.

Warren inherited one of the best returning/accomplished defenses in the BigTen and completely sh*t the bed. Whether or not it was his fault, I can’t say but from my novice vantage point he made all the wrong moved in terms of schemes and situational adjustments. 

• Like 1

You go 2-10 and changes will be made.  Peoples missed on some recruits we were chasing.  Warren is a bright guy but it sounds like he didn't click with Allen (in terms of football philosophy). 

I don't know what to say about Hiller.  The one plus he has is this looks like a good recruiting class on the O-line with Moore, Smith and Lynch. But, ultimately, his unit has not performed. I don't see how you can move on from other coaches and pretend that the worst unit on the team is in good hands.   Maybe he is looking for a landing spot.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope the hire has had DC beside his name before.

I hope the hire has spent a significant amount of time working in the 4-2-5. 

I agree with CTA, the 4-2-5 is the move, but it's also a pretty new scheme. Eberflus has been a master mind using this look. Just saying, that qualifier could potentially "x out" quite a few coaches right there. 

Wommack did a great job of tweeking some things to fit our personnel-- many corner/zone blitzes, bracketing people, etc. Very unique blitz packages we used two years ago. 

Basically we need to confuse more people about where pressure is coming from. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Not IU related but it sounds like JaMarcus Shepherd who is Purdue’s WR coach is going to be on the move to Notre Dame or Washington. That would be a really disappointing hit for Purdue to take lol 

Would be a bummer but he’s been with us for 5 years so it’s not that surprising IMO. That’s a good amount of time and maybe he wants more responsibility.  Could see us going after Taylor Stubblefield or maybe Desmond Tardy. 

I feel like this is a good hire. I'm curious to see what the other hire on the defensive side of the ball looks like. As quickly as CTA moved after the announcement the last few days confirms my suspicions that these moves had been in the works for at least the last week or 2. 

• Like 2