Sheridan Fired (Hired by Washington)

DC2345

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm just glad we moved on. Every program on the rise takes a step backwards. I think @Leathernecks said it best a few weeks ago. Good stocks don't always go up. 

Get this hire right, get healthy and we can be on upward trend again next year. 

Absolutely. Anyone that assumed we were destined for regular top 12 finishes was beside themselves. imo

The fact that we spent an entire season ranked should NOT go unnoticed. We aren't Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. To be those teams we have keeeeeep building. We caught fire w/some underrated dudes stepping up and becoming stars, but we did not have the depth and it wasn't sustainable. 

The last two recruiting classes we '21 and '22 are by FAR the best two classes we've ever had in terms of quality of player or at least on paper they are. We need to be a Kansas State. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely. Anyone that assumed we were destined for regular top 12 finishes was beside themselves. imo

The fact that we spent an entire season ranked should NOT go unnoticed. We aren't Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. To be those teams we have keeeeeep building. We caught fire w/some underrated dudes stepping up and becoming stars, but we did not have the depth and it wasn't sustainable. 

The last two recruiting classes we '21 and '22 are by FAR the best two classes we've ever had in terms of quality of player or at least on paper they are. We need to be a Kansas State. 

I think everyone's fear, for good reason, how does this season impact recruiting? This season was a disaster no matter the reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think everyone's fear, for good reason, how does this season impact recruiting? This season was a disaster no matter the reason. 

Honestly I just don't think it does that much. Playing time is there. Our coaches have shown they'll play kids early. In a weird way...we might have a good chance to land 5-6 transfers who (like last year) who see they could step right in and play ala DJ Matthews types. 

Now if we have another season like this next year I could see the 23 class starting to have some doubts but IU is in good hands leadership wise. We just had an injury filled bad year that all changed on a BS targeting call in Cincy game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Didn’t Kansas State rely heavily on JUCO’s for a long time? 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think it’ll be interesting if your current class stays intact. Obviously a guy like McCullough isn’t going anywhere but it’ll be interesting to see if some of the other guys are poaching targets for other schools. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t Kansas State rely heavily on JUCO’s for a long time? 

I believe so. 

The 4 years prior to this one we were 24-21 in our last 45 games over a 4 year span. That's actually pretty solid with all things considered, being IUFB and all. 

I don't expect the world like some do on here. Find a way to compete, we didn't this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly I just don't think it does that much. Playing time is there. Our coaches have shown they'll play kids early. In a weird way...we might have a good chance to land 5-6 transfers who (like last year) who see they could step right in and play ala DJ Matthews types. 

Now if we have another season like this next year I could see the 23 class starting to have some doubts but IU is in good hands leadership wise. We just had an injury filled bad year that all changed on a BS targeting call in Cincy game.

I still can't believe how many "hits" I've seen that were just sooooo much worse than was Micah did lol it's honestly comical. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I believe so. 

The 4 years prior to this one we were 24-21 in our last 45 games over a 4 year span. That's actually pretty solid with all things considered, being IUFB and all. 

I don't expect the world like some do on here. Find a way to compete, we didn't this year.

Any idea who of the seniors may come back and use their covid year?

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I believe so. 

You have to admit, this season was a dumpster fire. 

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

You have to admit, this season was a dumpster fire. 

well... when you don't have your top 3 QBs, don't have a scholarship RB, your two starting corners sit out a good portion of the season, your best S doesn't play in half the games, and you play a top 5 schedule in the country including 5 teams ranked in the top 15.... .. and you aren't very good to begin with, yeah probably going to have a poop season. 

I'm not sure what you're searching for here. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

well... when you don't have your top 3 QBs, don't have a scholarship RB, your two starting corners sit out a good portion of the season, your best S doesn't play in half the games, and you play a top 5 schedule in the country including 5 teams ranked in the top 15.... .. and you aren't very good to begin with, yeah probably going to have a poop season. 

I'm not sure what you're searching for here. 

Not searching for anything, you keep giving reasons why the season went bad without just saying, yeah, this season was a sh*t show. And I will add to the reasons, Penix should not have been playing. He was obviously not ready yet they threw him out there. That's on the staff. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

36 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not searching for anything, you keep giving reasons why the season went bad without just saying, yeah, this season was a sh*t show. And I will add to the reasons, Penix should not have been playing. He was obviously not ready yet they threw him out there. That's on the staff. 

I truthfully didn't realize anyone here really needed to say that? That was evident. 

Edited by btownqb

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

He seems like he would be at the top of Coach Allen’s list, being a former IU football player and a very respectable OC resume’. JMHO.

In hindsight- he was there two years ago.  After seeing the Washington hire, we had a special OC three years ago and his recommendation of Sheridan had value.  

Can't look back, just move forward.  I have a feeling there is a plan and hopefully it has been in the works for awhile.  Coach Allen is a leader and understands the situation and what he needs to do.  Got to get out there and recruit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

In hindsight- he was there two years ago.  After seeing the Washington hire, we had a special OC three years ago and his recommendation of Sheridan had value.  

Can't look back, just move forward.  I have a feeling there is a plan and hopefully it has been in the works for awhile.  Coach Allen is a leader and understands the situation and what he needs to do.  Got to get out there and recruit.  

I agree…..Something tells me Dolson and Allen are gonna go out a get their OC…