Sheridan Fired (Hired by Washington)

DC2345

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris works for IU I believe.  He's definitely an insider.

I know he is an insider for BTB, some connections with IU and a respectable source….. However, that scenario is almost incomprehensible….. It’s like giving Coach Allen a new car to use, under one condition. The condition being, one of those four new tires must be the skinny, spare tire. The tire must not be changed and used efficiently….JMHO… 

Edited by Artesian_86

Have no idea on this rumor, but we know Dolson isn't incompetent based on the brilliant moves he's made with the basketball program. 

Results remain to be seen, but what he has done with essentially turning the program into an NBA front office style organization is brilliant in my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Hard to believe we went from giving Stevens essentially a blank check to we have no money

His argument is iubb gets donor money, iufb does not. My argument would be the stadium improvements. But negativity is always more popular than positivity. In the end, we won't really know the whole truth. But I think the IU OC job is much more attractive these days. Need a good x's and o's guy, so I hope they get some one who thinks outside the box and who's had some success. This is a huge hire for CTA. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Does anyone know for sure…does Sheridan’s contract have one of those clauses where if he gets another job that lessens what IU owes him?  I’ve heard he is likely to end up at Washington w KD.

Really? I get the connection, but it's not a deep one. I wonder what position? I think he could be a decent coach, but in all honesty I didn't think he showed much last year either. This year, there was definitely something odd going on regardless of the injury issues. The QBs seemed unprepared. The O-line was terrible. He's the OC, he needs to be accountable as does CTA. Everyone blames Hiller, but the OC needs to lead his guys and I wasn't seeing much leading out there. I saw people dying both literally and figuratively. 

• Like 1

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

Really? I get the connection, but it's not a deep one. I wonder what position? I think he could be a decent coach, but in all honesty I didn't think he showed much last year either. This year, there was definitely something odd going on regardless of the injury issues. The QBs seemed unprepared. The O-line was terrible. He's the OC, he needs to be accountable as does CTA. Everyone blames Hiller, but the OC needs to lead his guys and I wasn't seeing much leading out there. I saw people dying both literally and figuratively. 

I really can’t argue any of that, but that’s just what I was told.  Maybe it’s nothing more than wishful thinking and it won’t turn out to be true.  No idea.

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I was confused why we didn't have anymore of a screen game coming into the year. OL had to struggle in camp. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Any rumblings? 

Talked to a player's Father today. Besides some stuff on Sheridan dating back to middle of last year and this entire season he made a good point about what IU needs for new OC.

Allen is D guy. We know that. He said what Allen needs to do and why IU was so successful up until Sheridan is that you had Debord followed by Deboer with decades of offensive minded coaching....almost helping Coach Allen learn offense.

I asked about the idea of new up and comer QB coach or whatever from a big school.....he said IU needs to go the other way. Hire someone with years of experience, RPO understandings, etc....but he said when Deboer was here they were so fine tuned they could go to the line with 5 ways to attack any defense and Penix (when healthy) or before that would know exactly where to attack the 2 weakest areas on the field no matter what D the other team showed. 

He said this year not so much. Mentioned the Iowa game and said all week before the players were really struggling with the idea of attacking an inside zone defense( Ferentz way) by running to their area of strength.

Some other funny stories but none that I feel comfortable sharing. Needless to say...glad Sheridan is gone. Should have paid more attention to end of last year when we were struggling on offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Talked to a player's Father today. Besides some stuff on Sheridan dating back to middle of last year and this entire season he made a good point about what IU needs for new OC.

Allen is D guy. We know that. He said what Allen needs to do and why IU was so successful up until Sheridan is that you had Debord followed by Deboer with decades of offensive minded coaching....almost helping Coach Allen learn offense.

I asked about the idea of new up and comer QB coach or whatever from a big school.....he said IU needs to go the other way. Hire someone with years of experience, RPO understandings, etc....but he said when Deboer was here they were so fine tuned they could go to the line with 5 ways to attack any defense and Penix (when healthy) or before that would know exactly where to attack the 2 weakest areas on the field no matter what D the other team showed. 

He said this year not so much. Mentioned the Iowa game and said all week before the players were really struggling with the idea of attacking an inside zone defense( Ferentz way) by running to their area of strength.

Some other funny stories but none that I feel comfortable sharing. Needless to say...glad Sheridan is gone. Should have paid more attention to end of last year when we were struggling on offense.

Now this all sounds legit. Not sure if Sheridan crapped the bed or what, but he seemed like he was in way over his head. And I agree, I don't care if they hire a big school guy or not, I want someone who has been an OC for a while or at least has been one a few years with major success. I don't think Allen is on the hot seat, but another year of terrible offense and it's definitely going to warm up considerably. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Now this all sounds legit. Not sure if Sheridan crapped the bed or what, but he seemed like he was in way over his head. And I agree, I don't care if they hire a big school guy or not, I want someone who has been an OC for a while or at least has been one a few years with major success. I don't think Allen is on the hot seat, but another year of terrible offense and it's definitely going to warm up considerably. 

He loves Coach Allen and everything he's done or will do for his kid....but Sheridan was basically coattails last year and obviously this. He also mentioned this. He wanted Penix/Tuttle to be 50/50 on sets/looks in week 1 vs Iowa....said there's no way Penix was ready mentally or physically to go. Thought it was good info and safe to share the basics without other details. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He loves Coach Allen and everything he's done or will do for his kid....but Sheridan was basically coattails last year and obviously this. He also mentioned this. He wanted Penix/Tuttle to be 50/50 on sets/looks in week 1 vs Iowa....said there's no way Penix was ready mentally or physically to go. Thought it was good info and safe to share the basics without other details. 

Who wanted the 50/50? Seems to me Penix shouldn't have been playing at all for a while and is something I have discussed with others. He was bad from the get go and didn't look mentally or physically ready. That's one thing I thought was really odd. Was Allen or Sheridan pushing him to play? Either way they had to know he wasn't ready and just throwing him out there was not good for the team or him. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

O line coach is another issue. I never thought the line was properly assigned out.  I just didn’t buy the way they assigned positions to guys.  It didn’t work.  I wish everyone the best of luck in their career.   But I hope Hiller is relieved of his duties.  He will land elsewhere.  It’s just the nature of coaching.  This is big time athletics and not a charity.  He is not getting the job done.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

O line coach is another issue. I never thought the line was properly assigned out.  I just didn’t buy the way they assigned positions to guys.  It didn’t work.  I wish everyone the best of luck in their career.   But I hope Hiller is relieved of his duties.  He will land elsewhere.  It’s just the nature of coaching.  This is big time athletics and not a charity.  He is not getting the job done.  

https://footballscoop.com/news/steve-addazio-will-not-return-colorado-state

• Thanks 1