Syracuse Game Thread

Reacher

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Really bad coaching decision there. You want to just shadow to make them waste time, not pressure like that 

I liked it.  Looked like a travel at half court.  Fadeaway layup being called a foul at the end when big goes straight up.  Didn't see, what the thompson thing where he got hit in the head.  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I liked it.  Looked like a travel at half court.  Fadeaway layup being called a foul at the end when big goes straight up.  Didn't see, what the thompson thing where he got hit in the head.  

The foul wasn’t on TJD, it was Lander hip checking him. It was an easy call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

In that situation you want to extend your defense to cause them to have to reverse and waste time, but not pressure to the point where you allow them to blow by you, and you certainly don't want to trap. 

You just trying to get them to change direction once or twice. We full court pressed and allow them to blow by us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

In that situation you want to extend your defense to cause them to have to reverse and waste time, but not pressure to the point where you allow them to blow by you, and you certainly don't want to trap. 

You just trying to get them to change direction once or twice. We full court pressed and allow them to blow by us. 

Different strategies work.  They had Trayce in centerfield and protecting the rim aginst a guard going up.  The foul was on Lander from behind (which I didn't see at first).  If that foul, which was a non necessary one, play works.  

The first trap could of also been a little tighter.  They will learn.  I liked the play, try to get a turnover, score and go home.  

24 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Different strategies work.  They had Trayce in centerfield and protecting the rim aginst a guard going up.  The foul was on Lander from behind (which I didn't see at first).  If that foul, which was a non necessary one, play works.  

The first trap could of also been a little tighter.  They will learn.  I liked the play, try to get a turnover, score and go home.  

You can't trap in the middle of the floor, though. Bates made that play possible and then Lander at the end... just stupid foul.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The foul wasn’t on TJD, it was Lander hip checking him. It was an easy call. 

Last play of the game we're talking about? Lander slapped him straight across the arm when the best shot blocker in the country was coming to meet him at the rim.  

When Lander makes dumb plays.. they are DUMB. 

• Like 1