Syracuse Post Mortem Thread

Reacher

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Race did not have a great game but he left everything out there. Im not sure he woulda physically made it thru another OT.

Anyone know what happened to Rob?  He looked to roll an ankle or knee but came back and got yanked in a REALLY big spot never to be seen again.

Are you kidding me? Injured again? RP has been a bust....

Hell of a comeback. Wasn’t pretty but the team showed a ton of grit. Love to see it. Now let’s take it out on Nebraska on Saturday.

These might have been the WORST announcers I have ever heard cover a basketball game. Completely emotionless and boring. Not to mention obviously Syracuse fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Very winnable game handed to Syracuse. Veteran guards fouling out. Race with 7 turnovers and 25 as a team. Still not sure why they continually left shooters to hedge against slow guys who didnt want to dribble anyway. Couldn't get a shot to win it because Lander couldn't make a pass. Then Lander couldn't catch a pass. Not picking on him but had a veteran player been in the game they wouldn't have to rely on a freshman.

Defense needs to go back to the drawing board. 

Agree turnovers must be corrected.  But, the rebounding, shooting %, energy level are all good signs.  Road wins are a challenge.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We shot 56% for the game.  Just lower to 20 turnovers instead of 25 and we likely win the game.

I bet when the team watches the tape they are not going to beleive some of the turnovers.  Race was a warrior out there - he struggled when doubled and had to pass out.  

If only they played some of that 2nd half D when they had fresh legs.  

Great game!!! Bad out come! Last few years we would have been blown out. There is still a ways to get where we want to be but getting there is going to be fun! PS I thought Durr played well while in there! There is a LOT to LIKE and dislike that I feel will be handled in the future!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I don’t really understand your point. There is a reason Purdue is number 2 and IU is unranked. Typically speaking a ranked team is better than an unranked team in certain categories that leads to more wins

You said, "you have to take the good with the bad".

No, you don't. If you take the bad (25 turnovers), you're going to be a mediocre team. Purdue doesn't turn the ball over. They play smart basketball. They play unselfish.

We can be really good. I have no doubt. We have the talent to beat anyone. But if we don't fix our biggest Achilles heel, we are going to struggle in some games we gotta win.

• Sad 1

When you turn the ball over 25 times, you leave the game in the hands of refs who were inconsistent all night...for both teams at points. And if we play the first half like we play the rest of the game, we win in regulation hands down. Regardless of the loss, I can't believe this ended 112-110. Not many games in college basketball that will end with those offensive numbers this season, even with two overtimes. 

Edited by JerseyHoosier

Just now, madmax said:

These might have been the WORST announcers I have ever heard cover a basketball game. Completely emotionless and boring. Not to mention obviously Syracuse fans.

I'm not sure if it just me getting older but i am really starting to dislike sports commentators anymore. The guys doing this game, Stephen Bardo,Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Bill Walton and the list goes on are guys i would just like to release a bunch of fire ants in the booth on lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

I'm not sure if it just me getting older but i am really starting to dislike sports commentators anymore. The guys doing this game, Stephen Bardo,Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Bill Walton and the list goes on are guys i would just like to release a bunch of fire ants in the booth on lol.

I watch games with no sound. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ephul said:

You said, "you have to take the good with the bad".

No, you don't. If you take the bad (25 turnovers), you're going to be a mediocre team. Purdue doesn't turn the ball over. They play smart basketball. They play unselfish.

We can be really good. I have no doubt. We have the talent to beat anyone. But if we don't fix our biggest Achilles heel, we are going to struggle in some games we gotta win.

I do not disagree. But its the first road test for this group in a really tough environment new coach, new players, new system, on the road.

I think we will steadily see improvement.

• Like 2

I don't watch recorded games we lose, so I can't speak to how bad the turnovers were, but 25 on the road is a recipe for disaster.  Surprised we were as close as we were.

Pulled into the driveway at the end of the first OT.  Fisch was so frustrated we did not get a shot off.  That possession and Parker fouling out were the two biggest plays that I heard/saw that contributed to the loss.

• Like 1