2025- Caleb Wilson

02Hoosier

21 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

At the moment, he dominates games purely based on skill and basketball IQ. Once his body and athleticism catches up to his skill,

Isn’t that backwards from what we usually read?

Yes, but it's because he was playing older kids. Usually it seems like some kids dominate their own age group because they're more physically mature than their peers. A good example of this is Farrakhan from EMU who started out as a 5* recruit because of that and then dropped significantly to ~300 as others caught up to him.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Reacher said:

All I can say is Wow! This staff is crushing it on the recruiting trail. Hope to see it turn in to commits soon! 

They are for sure getting in front of kids and even getting visits but with 0 commits yet in 24 or 25, crushing it is a little strong. Working hard at it yes. crushing it, not yet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

They are for sure getting in front of kids and even getting visits but with 0 commits yet in 24 or 25, crushing it is a little strong. Working hard at it yes. crushing it, not yet.

That is why I added the part about seeing it turn in too commits soon. As for mentions, visits and momentum, I'd say they are crushing it - especially as compared to past seasons

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Reacher said:

That is why I added the part about seeing it turn in too commits soon. As for mentions, visits and momentum, I'd say they are crushing it - especially as compared to past seasons

Thing is... 2+ years ago, we were in the same boat, but with recruits ranked 100+. It just feels better, being there with top 50, 30, 20 recruits. 

No one is saying the job is over.

• Like 2

Recruiting is a numbers game. You get enough visits from recruits and make enough top x lists and you'll start landing some. The number of highly ranked recruits that are visiting IU and including them in their top lists has greatly increased. This greatly increases the chance of IU landing some of them.

• Like 3