Nebraska Game Thread

Reacher

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Stewart and Kopp better get the message...Leal played great and besides a couple of bad decisions, Tamar looked good as well...

I would be interested in getting Stewart more shots. I think he needs more to get going. Once he’s dialed in it’s lights out.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Both have hitches in their shot. You can see it. 

I mean, those were grrrreat looks. 

It’s gotta be a confidence issue. They go into their shots hoping it goes in when they need go into their shots knowing it’s going in. I guarantee they drain them at a high level in practice 

I hope when they look at the film, when Leal's bounce pass to Tamar comes up (that he fumbled away) Coach Woody says,"Nice pass, Anthony."

That said, Tamar is one of those rare kids that doesn't let his last play discourage him...."I'll make the next one." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

I hope when they look at the film, when Leal's bounce pass to Tamar comes up (that he fumbled away) Coach Work dy says,"Nice pass, Anthony."

That said, Tamar is one of those rare kids that doesn't let his last play discourage him...."I'll make the next one." 

That's certain. Kid wants to score. Needs to adjust himself somewhat coming in cold, but... I assume he's never came off the bench in his life lol

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's been fine. Hasn't overly hurt you.. hes done a very good job of getting the ball where it needs to go. 

You do know we made the run while he was on the court?

Yes, but I also saw him make 2 or 3 poor decisions, and get beat twice on the defensive end. 

I know you don't like Lander, and that's fine, but he's a better passer, and his shot is more reliable. Give him a shot with the starters...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Yes, but I also saw him make 2 or 3 poor decisions, and get beat twice on the defensive end. 

I know you don't like Lander, and that's fine, but he's a better passer, and his shot is more reliable. Give him a shot with the starters...

What poor decisions? 

I have absolutely nothing against Lander. He's just not very good. 

I'll defer to our coach on who to play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slojoe said:

That's the problem.  He sits himself with silly fouls.

I would argue that they are overly aggressive fouls, which I still don’t love but can tolerate more than silly/lazy fouls. I also think he gets some bad calls based on how aggressive he guards. Refs anticipate fouls on him that aren’t always there

• Like 1

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I seem to recall RMK talking about the added difficulty and lower % of the step back shot. Seems like his commentary was pretty colorful about it. 

That was also in the 70s when those shots weren't practiced the way they are now. 

They go through endless amounts of drill work, position wise, to work on that stuff.