Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

Turnovers still an issue. We pulled away when we decided to take care of the ball.

If Duncomb is any sort of a player, he'd be getting minutes right now. They could desperately use him.

Loved what Leal provided.

Kopp's poor play was surprising. Made a lot of really, really bad mistakes. And made some pretty dumb plays defensively....

We won. So learn and move on

Last year our conference home opener we got beat by Northwestern which was the day Archie died. This year we spotted them 10 and win by double digits. Plenty of correctable mistakes but I'll take this result one year later. 

X is very important. Race with a great game. Tamar is going to be really, really good....and I think our staff is trying to figure out rotation. All in all. Not great but a win so I'm good. Now we can head up to Wiscy this week and erase those demons.

• Like 6

Sloppy game but a win is a win. Had some good moments but these turnovers are awful.

Also wondering why lander didn't play? Rob got a lot of minutes to ultimately score 5 points and 2 rebounds. I do not understand the defense of him. He just doesn't play well in long stretches. Guard play has to be tightened up all around for conference season. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Sloppy game but a win is a win. Had some good moments but these turnovers are awful.

Also wondering why lander didn't play? Rob got a lot of minutes to ultimately score 5 points and 2 rebounds. I do not understand the defense of him. He just doesn't play well in long stretches. Guard play has to be tightened up all around for conference season. 

We don't want him to have to play long stretches. 

He actually had 5p 3r 3a and I would say a very solid +/-

I'm wondering why this is any sort of talking point?

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OldDog said:

I don’t think IU was emotionally into the game until it was getting tight.  We can’t do that with Wisky! 

Hopefully that isn't the case, B1G opener at home with a new coach they should be emotionally in it from the start.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Maybe Woody, giving Rob minutes to shake off some rust after he missed the past playing time? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah Rob was pretty solid in this game.

Right? Factor in expectation level, he was fine. Which I already got laughed at for saying that... 

None of us want him playing more than 14 mins a game. 

XJ controls that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Did we get any word on Lander?  Kind of unusual that he got zero minutes.  Think he was the only guy on the team who was not injured or suspended who did not see any time.  Was wondering if he is banged up or under the weather.

Well.. I'm not sure, at all. But, I don't think he would have played vs SU until the other 2 fouled out, right? Or am I misremembering? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Right? Factor in expectation level, he has fine. Which I already got laughed at for saying that... 

None of want him playing more than 14 mins a game. 

XJ controls that. 

I certainly wasn't laughing at you...I just think we need to see Lander get some minutes. We know what we have in Rob, both good and bad...maybe we should try to see the future...

• Like 1