Wisconsin Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

For IU to return to prominence, we have to start dominating the teams we used to beat handily. Time for CMW , CDF and the staff to remind these kids of what the candy stripes represent, what the history of IU basketball means, and how they need to get the program back to its place of prominence in the conference  

While I agree with your premise, I think it may take a couple of seasons for IU bball to return to prominence. This is a work in progress and IU fans (me), will need to be patient.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm just hoping that somebody is letting XJ know what he's in for. He can't get frustrated and give up those bad fouls. Our chances of winning greatly increase if he's able to play at least 30 minutes. 

I'm betting that a part of UW's game plan will be to get into his head and go at him physically because we struggle offensively without him on the floor. Keep your cool X! 

You nailed it - Davison will be focused on provoking X into stupid retaliation fouls. Surely Woody is preparing him for what is coming. Maybe Fife suited up in practice this week as the Davison scout player.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My Keys to victory

Pound the ball inside early and often

Limit live ball turnovers

Speed the Badgers up

Stop Fouling. 

TJD just picked up his 3rd foul. Race has 2, X has 4 already. Trey picked up a tech for an "agressive hair flip" and Al got a flop warning already. Yes, i am aware that Al no longer plays for us but the refs were feeling nostalgic and wanted to give him one for old times sake. 

Bates and TJD both have 2 TO's each for "shooting with the wrong hand".  Parker got one for moving without the ball and Kopp got trapped and tried calling a "Time Out" but the refs thought "TO" meant turn over so they gave the ball to wisky.

All in all I think we are doing pretty good so far. The last several years have been a lot worse this close to rip, i mean tip off. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

You folks have fun in here tonight. Trying a new approach for this one. Going out for some holiday cheer and watch with others. If you hear something going on around Range Line and Main at 707pm it's because TJD was called for his 2nd BS foul and the entire game was changed......just like it always does in Madison. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You folks have fun in here tonight. Trying a new approach for this one. Going out for some holiday cheer and watch with others. If you hear something going on around Range Line and Main at 707pm it's because TJD was called for his 2nd BS foul and the entire game was changed......just like it always does in Madison. Go Hoosiers!

Sounds like my neck of the woods. I'll listen for sirens and watch for "breaking news" on the TV.

• Like 1